Nobody could understand how happy Courtney was, when she saw the familiar building in the distance. "Finally." She whispered as she drove on the parking, her eyes scanning for an open parking spot. After finding one, the three of them got out of the car and went to the locker rooms. They were earlier than normal, so the room was quite calm and quiet, which was a nice surprise. George, Izzie and Courtney got dressed in their light blue scrubs, when Cristina arrived. Together, they all walked to one of the nurses' station where they waited for Bailey. They were leaning against the desk: Izzie was drinking coffee and George eating a banana. Cristina looked like she could fall asleep any moment, while Courtney was drinking water.

"Well we have to do something. Meredith's become like an exhibit." George suddenly mentioned, making Cristina groan. "Like the ... hey. Like a zoo animal, like that rare panda that everyone stares at."

"Please don't say that to her face. I think that panda died alone." Izzie advised him.

"This just could just as easily be you, if people knew about you and..." George had turned towards Cristina, after hearing her laugh. He narrowed his yes and silently mouthed the word Burke, which obviously made Cristina a little angry. She wanted him to take it back, but George didn't. "No. I'm just saying we should do something to cheer her up."

"Don't worry about it." Izzie mysteriously replied and shared a knowing look with Cristina. They had come up with the perfect plan to cheer up their heartbroken friend. George and Courtney obviously were informed and looked at the two, confused.

"It's under control."

"Wait, what do you guys have going on?" George asked.

"Nothing."

"Hey! Why didn't you two tell me about whatever the hell you are planning to do? I would've loved to help. She's my sister after all." Courtney tried to get it out of them, but no luck. Izzie and Cristina glanced at each other, before shaking their head with a smile on their faces. This was all part of their plan: they had decided to not tell Courtney, because they thought that she would spill it to Meredith. Would she have done that? Who knew.

"Where's Karev?" Bailey immediately asked as she walked up to them with Meredith by her side.

"Probably off somewhere, not kissing somebody." Izzie announced, which made Courtney roll her eyes for the millionth time.

"Let's go, O'Malley." They started walking away and took the front, the others walking a few feet behind them. Courtney wanted to keep up with them and not fall behind, so she fastened her pace a little bit. Izzie however grabbed her by her arm, slowing her down. The girl shot her a confused look, before glancing at her sister.

"Ah hmm. Hey, so, um after rounds we have something to show you. Both of you." Cristina finally revealed with a tiny smile gracing her lips. Courtney was still a bit confused, but shook her head. Meredith showed none of those things, no emotion was visible on her face.

"Look, you don't need to include me. Whatever you're going to do is for Meredith and to make her feel better. If you would've told me what you were gonna do, I would've kept it a secret and would've helped you, but you didn't. Just because I'm – maybe overly – protective of my older sister, doesn't mean that wherever she goes, I go. This is something that you gotta do together." Courtney politely rejected their idea. She turned away from them and caught up with George and their resident.

☤☤☤

Bailey, her interns – except Alex – and Burke were gathered in elderly woman's room. The woman named Kimberly Griswold was lying on a hospital bed, while her husband was rushing around doing little things for her. "Mrs., ah, Kimberley Griswold. History of heart disease and multiple surgeries. In for a beating heart quadruple CABG." Cristina started presenting, when someone walked in. That person happened to be Alex and obviously Izzie couldn't stop herself from making a comment.