CHAPTER SIX

COURTNEY WAS MAKING coffee downstairs in the kitchen, the radio blasting in the background

COURTNEY WAS MAKING coffee downstairs in the kitchen, the radio blasting in the background. She glanced outside the window, a sigh escaping her lips when she saw how hard it was storming. She filled her cup with coffee, when George came running down the stairs and did the same but only for two instead of one. He went back upstairs with two cups of coffee, Courtney watching him in confusion. What was he doing? She raised her eyebrows, still thinking about him, as she sipped on her coffee.

She was waiting for everyone to come downstairs, so they could leave for work. Nobody came. The blonde placed her empty cup in the sink and decided to go upstairs, where apparently everyone still was. "Hey, guys! When are we leaving? We might be late if we don't leave soon." Courtney asked as she saw Izzie and George standing in the hallway. "Wow, George, what the hell happened to your pants?"

George let out a sigh and looked at Meredith's door again. Izzie replied instead, "He wanted to bring her coffee, but spilled it when he tried to open her door." She shot Courtney a look and the latter immediately understood.

"Oh, George." She said it in a tone that indicated that she knew. She knew about his crush on her sister. George, however, tried to do anything to deny it. He was too afraid to admit it to himself. He wasn't ready yet. George shook his head and shot her a glare. "Alright then, come on, let's get going."

"We should wait for her." George suggested, while putting on his backpack as Izzie put on her shoes. Courtney leaned against the doorframe and looked down at her shoes.

"Definitely not. I'm not her mother, and you are not her boyfriend." Izzie replied, wiggling her eyebrows. "Not yet, anyway."

"Stop, ok? I told you I'm not interested."

"Life is short, George. Do you really want to die before you ever ask her out?"

"I do not want to ask her out."

"Do you really want to die a liar?"

"I'm not...I'm not dying."

"Look, George, it's not a crime to admit that you like my sister. I won't tell, I promise." Courtney added as walked to Meredith's room, making sure that her sister didn't hear her talking about George's crush. She knocked on her door. "Mer, we're leaving!"

"I-I don't like her." George muttered, before they all left the house and got in Courtney's car. The whole car ride to the hospital, they tried to avoid George's crush, but ended up talking about it anyway. George wasn't too happy with the two blondes as they stepped out of the car, laughing. He had enough of their teasing, but was afraid to actually tell them to stop.

"Courtney, have I ever told you how much I like your hair? It's so soft." Izzie said to the blonde next to her, while stroking Courtney's hair. The latter one chuckled as she looked over at Izzie.