All of the Stars ~ Ed Sheeran

It's just another night
And I'm staring at the moon
I saw a shooting star
And thought of you
I sang a lullaby
By the waterside and knew
If you were here,
I'd sing to you
You're on the other side
As the skyline splits in two
I'm miles away from seeing you
I can see the stars
From America
I wonder, do you see them, too?

------------

Dear Scotttttttttty,

It's been a busy week in Texas. Lots of things are happening. LOTS! I probably already told you on AIM, but I GOT THE PART!

Ok I got a part. It's not the lead, but it's still a good part and I won't complain.... Annnndddddddd I kinda met a boy. He's sweet and cute and says a lot of nice things about me. He goes to my school, but we don't have any classes together, so it's not really that big of a surprise that we're only meeting now. His name is Tucker which I know sounds douchey but he's really not. He's in the band that's helping with the play I'm in, so that's another plus. MUSIC! HE LIKES MUSIC SCOTT! I don't know what will happen, but he has a car and he likes music and me which are all good things. ♥

Anyway, enough about me. How's life in the big city? If you say same as always I will send an envelope full of glitter next time. Don't think I won't.

Sorry the letters are getting so short, but I talk to you like every second of every day on AIM so ... plus my mom is making me use my allowance to pay for my own stamps now.

OH! You told me you had school pics made, I better be getting one!

♥Mitch

~+~+~+~

Scott laughed as he read through the letter for a second time and then carefully refolded it to put it in the box with the others. Sure, he talked to Mitch every day online, but there was something much more personal about getting a physical letter in the mail. Maybe it was the effort that had to be taken, the time to sit down and write the words out by hand. Maybe it was the idea that Mitch had physically touched that piece of paper and even though it was probably dumb, it made him feel closer to his friend no matter how far apart they were. Plus, by now he was used to getting a letter from Mitch every week. It would just feel wrong not to.

They'd been pen-pals since Scott was 9 and their classes had signed up for a pen-pal program. It was meant to end after the school year completed, as the letters were always sent through the school systems, but Scott didn't want to let go of his new friend and had sent him his personal address so they could keep up their correspondence. Mitch was so different than all of his hoity toity, private school friends, and it was refreshing to have someone he could be honest with and not worry about ruining his reputation at school. Not that he really needed to worry, his family came from old money and his last name was like an all access pass to the upper east side.

It wasn't all bad, but as he got older it was tough to tell who genuinely wanted to be his friend, and who wanted to advance their social status by being associated with a Hoying. Mitch never really cared, though. He knew Scott's parents were successful, and he knew Scott was pretty well off, but he didn't know the full extent of the Hoying name and wealth. Scott wasn't trying to hide it from him or anything, but he hadn't specifically brought it up.

He really wished Mitch wasn't so far away, Texas was practically on another planet as far as they were concerned. Scott's parents didn't see a need for him to visit Texas and Mitch wasn't allowed to fly across the country by himself to see a stranger...so. He'd just have to wait a few more years. Once he was 18, he was determined to see Mitch in person. It's all he ever wanted and, call it cheesy, but it was always what he wished for when he blew out his birthday candles.