A Little More of You ~ Ashley Chambliss

((Sarah don't read this.. or Lia.  Or probably Jackie too... or any of my girls.. wait no one read this, k? ))

Spent enough time in your arms to know
just where I wanna be
I've heard your voice enough to know
Just what I need to hear
Baby I'm right beside you

Take a chance and open the door to me
Just let me in open your eyes and see
Baby I'm right beside you

All I need is a little more of you
All I need is a little more of you to go on

I'm right beside you

~+-

"Mitch?"

"Hmm?"

Scott hesitated, expression shifting too rapidly for Mitch to decipher it. "Can we talk?"

Mitch blinked a couple of times, heart sinking in his chest. Those words couldn't mean- no. He refused to think about that. "Ok?" He got up and crossed the room to sit on the couch next to an unusually serious looking Scott. He waited, sat less than patiently with suddenly sweaty palms and an unsettled stomach for the other man to speak, to break the silence that was fueling the fear inside of him. He watched as a blue gaze moved over his face, roaming until it locked in on his eyes. Still the silence stretched on. He finally had to break it for his own sanity. "Babe, you're kinda scaring me."

That seemed to shake Scott out of whatever trance he was in and he quickly looked down to find elegant hands with his own, squeezing in gentle reassurance.

"No. I'm not- I mean this isn't-" He sighed, realizing he was rambling. "It's nothing bad. I've just been thinking... about us."

Shít. He's having second thoughts. "What about us?"

Scott slid his fingers over Mitch's jaw with a soft smile. "About what we've become ...about what I want us to be... what we are. I'm just ready to call it what it is."

Mitch furrowed his brow, not quite sure what he was saying. Their arrangement was literally perfect and he didn't want anything to change. It was fine the way it was...no alterations needed.  Scott got to release some sexual tension and Mitch got an incredible orgasm or two.. win-win. He still got to be cuddly and kissy and all the best parts of a relationship with Scott while still being free to be flirty and whatever he wanted with whoever he wanted. Granted he hadn't done anything more than kiss another boy since he and Scott had started their 'arrangement' or FWB or whatever you wanted to call it, and even that had been months ago, but the option was there and somehow that was comforting. How could Scott not be happy with the arrangement?! It was the best thing that had happened to Mitch in a very, very long time. The thought of losing that connection with the man in front of him was far more terrifying than he wanted to admit. "What do you mean!?"

"Us. Me and you."

Mitch was obviously missing something. "I'm not following?"

"I love you and I want it to be ... official. We haven't been with other guys for like 5 months now, right? I mean, I know I haven't and I don't really want to."

Mitch just kind of sat and stared, blinking at his best friend while he replayed the words over and over in his head. Scott had just thrown it right into the conversation like it was second nature to just make declarations of the heart in normal conversation. "Wow, way to lead with the 'i love you'."

Scott's face scrunched in, forehead wrinkling in confusion and scrutiny. He wasn't sure whether to interpret Mitch's words as jest or sincerity. He shook his head, hands falling back to his lap as he tried to decipher where Mitch's thoughts were. "Like you don't know. We say 'I love you' all the time."