True Blue ~ Madonna

((I literally cringed when this came up on my iPod b/c i'm awful at fluff ...but welcome to cheeseland b/c that's where you're at ladies & gentlemen.  Also, realize these aren't written very well b/c I just write them quickly to try and jump start my brain so don't get excited.))

I've had other lips
I've sailed a thousand ships
But no matter where I go
You're the one for me baby
This I know 'cause it's

True love
You're the one I'm dreaming of
Your heart fits me like a glove
And I'm gonna be true blue
Baby, I love you

I've heard all the lines
I've cried oh so many times
Those tear drops they won't fall again
I'm so excited 'cause you're my best friend

No more sadness
I've kissed it goodbye
The sun is bursting
Right out of the sky
I've searched the whole world
For someone like you

~+~

"Scottttt I'm ho-" Mitch paused in the doorway, eyes wide as he took in the scene in front of him. "-ooome." 

His initial fear was that they'd been vandalized, but who vandalizes a house with yarn!? He looked around as he hung his keys on the hook and moved further into the entryway, eventually coming to a small table where everything was originating from. It was a simple setup, a cheap table with what appeared to be two drawer knobs screwed into the top, a red piece of yarn tied to one and leading off to the left and blue tied to the other and leading off in a web to the right.

He lifted his sunglasses from his face and set them on the table as he picked up the silver notecard with the fancy lettering on it to hopefully gain some insight into this mess. 

Do you love me?
If no, follow the red string. If yes, follow the blue string.
Love, Scott

He couldn't help but burst out laughing. He had no idea what this was all about, but he was 100% sure he wanted to find out. Scott tried to pretend he wasn't, but he was a romantic at heart and he couldn't wait to see what was in store. Besides, if the pot of gold at the end of this rainbow happened to be naked and Scott shaped then all the better.

He read the words one more time to make sure he picked the right color.

"That is a dumb question." He rolled his eyes and tossed the fancy bit of stationary back onto the table with a flick of his wrist and proceeded to follow the blue yarn through the doorway and down the hall. He came out in the kitchen, marveling at the loops and crossovers that the pretty string made. He was a bit amazed that Scott had put so much thought and effort into this setup, but he was pulled from his thoughts as he came to another note card set up on the counter, complete with a cup of Starbucks iced coffee and a single chocolate covered strawberry.

Damn, he's good. I like this game already.

He smiled to himself and picked up the drink and sipped on it while he read the words on the card.

I love your smile and I love your lips.
I love to kiss that grumpy pout you always have first thing in the morning before you've had your coffee.
(I also really love the way you close your eyes and make that amazing sound when you eat chocolate covered strawberries!)

He giggled again as he picked up the treat and took a bite, unable to stop himself when he closed his eyes and enjoyed it to the fullest. When he was done he disposed of the trash and carried his coffee with him as he resumed following the blue trail. He had to duck a few times as the string crossed the walkways and curled around doorknobs, but it was kinda fun. He chewed on his lip as he moved into the guest room, immediately spotting the gifts perfectly placed on the bed. It was the Hindmarch and Hermes bags he'd been oogling for days. He gasped and sat to pull the Hermes into his lap, excitedly looking it over before grabbing the note card that accompanied them.