Chapter 1-The Start Of it All

Cherokees pov

Daddy and I were sitting in the truck waiting for uncle Merle. Uncle Merle had been in a bad place but daddy wouldn't tell me where.
But that's okay. While we waited I fell asleep.

Daryls pov

Me and my daughter were waiting for Merle. So we could take him home. He finally got in and started cussing at nothing.

" Merle shut up!" I yell at him.

" Why should I?" he asked.

" because you your Cherokee is in here with us!" I almost scream. Merle was about to say something when we heard Cherokee whimper.

" sorry baby girl. Go back to sleep. " Merle said to her.

We listened to the radio the rest of the way home when a warning thing came on.

" Gather your stuff and head to Atlanta. The dead is walking among us. Don't get bit or scratches. Ahhhh-" the radio went dead.

*time skip*

We were stuck on the highway on our way to Atlanta. We've been there for about 2 hours. I got out of the truck and picked up Cherokee and walked over to a mother and her son.

" Daryl what are you doing?" Merle asked.

" we are going to check out what's going on." I replied as I walked over to the familys. " excuse me but can you watch my daughter for me?" I asked the familys.

" why of course. She is so cute, may I ask what her name is?" a woman with brown hair asked.

" Cherokee Rose Dixon. Now, what's y'alls names?" I asked sternly.

" well I'm Lori, this is my son Carl and Shane, beside him is carols daughter Sophia, her mother is the woman with short hair is Carol, and the man beside her is Ed. He her husband. " the woman Lori said. " your names now."

" I'm Daryl, this is my brother Merle. You already met Cherokee. " I told them. I hand my daughter to Lori.

" is she asleep?" Lori asked. I nodded and thank them while I walk away. Lets find out what's going on here.

Loris pov

After Daryl walked away I look at the sleeping child.

" how old is she? " Carl wondered.

" umm, I think she's 4 or 5." I told him unsure.

" she's so cute came I hold her?" he asked me.

" I don't see why not." I said as I hand her to him. " slide back, and keep her in your lap. Okay? "

"okay. " he rapped his arms around Cherokee and she lead in to the touch.

" awe that is so cute." everyone except Ed said. Ed just watched us. Suddenly Cherokee started to cry in her sleep.

" Carl let me see her. " I say as I take her out of his grasp. She finally stopped crying and just slept in my arms.

" what was wrong with her, mama? " I heard Sophia ask Carol.

" it was just a bad dream honey. " she responded. Shane walked up to me and told me to come with him to the hill. I gave Cherokee to Carol and walked over to the hill with Shane. What I saw was horrifying. Helicopters flying over the city. Bombing it. The first thing thought of was, Rick.

Carls pov

I was holding Cherokee when Daryl came back over. He was talking to Carol, so I wasn't paying attention. I just watch Cherokee sleep, in a non creepy way. I saw Daryl and Merle looking a me from the corner of my eye. Daryl walked over to me.

" did she not wake up?" he asked my. I shook my head 'no' and looked at him. He nods in response.

"Would you guys like to join us?" asked a old man in an RV. We all said we would go and we all went. When we got to the top of a hill we set up a camp. " well I guess we should introduce ourselves. I'll start, im Dale, the people behind me are Amy, Andrea, T-dog, Jim, Jasqui, Marleral and his family. Welcome to the group. Now your turn."

"I'm Shane, behind me is Lori, Carl, Carol, Ed, Sophia, Daryl, and Merle."

" what about the little girl in Carls arms?" Amy asked while walking over to us.

" she's my daughter Cherokee. " Daryl said sternly.

" she is so adorable. She's sleeping. How old is she?" Amy asked Daryl.

" she's 5" Merle answered.

" may I hold her?"

Daryl just nods and looks at me. I hand Cherokee over to Amy and she walks towards a fire pit. T-dog starts to build a fire. We all gather around. It's been 1 hour since we met Merle, Daryl and Cherokee. Cherokee starts to wake up, when she opens her eyes they are a sky blue color. She looks at Amy and starts to get scared. Daryl walks over to Amy and picks Cherokee up and hushes her. Everyone looks at them in 'awe'. She finally stopped freaking out and cuddled into Daryls chest. It was so cute. Daryl was whispering something to her. I heard name so I think he was tell her our names.

"honey these people took us in. We're now part of this group now. We're safe now, okay?" Daryl whispering to her.

" okay," Cherokee whispered back.

" I love you Cherokee. "

" I love you to daddy."

" well we should head to our tents we have a to run to the city for supplies. " Shane told us.

Everyone said goodnight and when off to their own tents.

Cherokee pov

Daddy carried my to our tent a little ways from the group.

" goodnight daddy. Goodnight uncle Merle."

And with that we all fell asleep.

😕😑😈😴😠😇😑😕😈😃😈😑😠😉😈😃😈😈😕😉😄

Hey guys I hope you liked the first chapter.

Stay strong and beautiful my survivors.

Vote.

Comment.

Follow.

♡ TWD_LOVER♡

Word count: 976