The Tinkerer's Treasure

Warming beams of morning light shone through the freshly cleaned glass windows. White chiffon curtains hung near the glass, making no efforts to block the pale illumination, as grey clouds loomed overhead. Droplets of rain collected on the windows, signs that an early storm had passed overnight. Still, it looked as if it might rain again sometime in the near future. This soft scenery beyond the window remained invisible to the closed eyes of a young girl, who was still in the gracious arms of sleep.

Crème colored sheets and a pale pink comforter covered her form, while strands of (h/c) hair hid her face partially. Her chest rose and fell steadily, indicating that of a peaceful slumber. Head resting on the plush crème colored pillows, with pink floral designs, she sighed gently in her sleep. A plush pink hippopotamus remained enclosed in her arms, as the girl unconsciously sought out its softness.

This scene of utter peace didn't last long, however, due to the ringing of a silver alarm clock. The striker hit the bells accordingly, creating the chaotic sound throughout the room with crème colored walls. Moaning slightly in her sleep, out of displeasure, the girl hit the clock, on the white wooden nightstand, somewhat lazily. Grumbling a few curse words at the early morning hour of eight, she pushed herself up from the bed and permitted the stuffed animal to lie freely on the sheets. Despite her great distaste of getting up early, she was starting her new job as of today, and it would be an exciting one.

Smiling lightly, she climbed out of bed before rearranging the sheets into an orderly position. Her hippopotamus sat in between the pillows, wearing its permanent and adorable neutral expression. Thus, now with her feet on the beige colored carpet, she entered her ensuite bathroom to get ready for the morning. After completing her morning routine, she stripped out of her pajamas and grabbed a proper outfit from her white wooden dresser, which was to the left of her bed. Changing into a beige v-neck, dark blue jeans and a thick maroon jacket, she went over to the pink metal shoe rack. Taking a pair of clean white socks, from a nearby beige weaved basket, she slipped them on before putting her pair of brown knee-high boots on. Leaving her (h/c) locks down, she exited her bedroom and headed into her kitchen.

Due to her not wanting to rush to her work, she poured the leftover coffee from last night into a black thermos. Adding only half and half to the beverage, she sealed the lid before leaving it on the counter to retrieve her meal from the pantry. Scanning over her selection of pop-tarts, she grabbed a packet of blueberry ones and opened the seal on it. Taking out only one, she set it on a plate and warmed it in the microwave. While the one was heating, she clipped the bag, keeping the other one fresh for later. Once her meal was heated, she took it off the plate and placed the plate in the sink for later. Thus, with coffee and pastry in hand, she grabbed her crème crossbody bag and left her apartment complex after locking her door.

Going down the metal stairwell, she basically hopped onto the sidewalk, as she took her first bite of the treat. A light smile tugging at her lips, she walked towards her destination. On her way there, though, she watched with childlike glee the colored leaves falling from the trees. The pavement, still wet from the night's storm, reflected the beautiful hues of autumn. Crisp November air greeted her lungs, and she couldn't help but enjoy the freshness of it. This was her favorite season after all. Besides, it came with the delicious pumpkin spice ground coffee. It was a scrumptious treat to look forward to in the morning, especially at this hour.

Having a certain energetic hop to her step, which came from the excitement of her new job, the small brown bear keychain on her purse began to swing back and forth. It was hard to tell that girl had just graduated college with a degree in business management. Moreover, it only made it more difficult, since she had graduated at a young age of twenty. Still, most would question the young graduate's job choice, but she had no regrets. The degree was mainly there should her position, at her new job, go up in rank. Likewise, it would help increase her chances of getting a promotion soon. Besides, she had dreamt of working at this place, since she was a child. Now, with her dream in her hands, she was ecstatic.