Chapter 5

This is the first time that I actually sat down and wrote for this story in years. It'll take me a while to get used to the swing of things, so I'm sorry if the story seems a little off to you.

~*~

I fiddle with the bandage on my wrist, the white linen carefully covering the branded mark of the Crescent Moon pack. Just the name itself causes shivers to venture down my spine. The fact that they particularly sent someone to hunt me down makes it ten times worse.

William, the alpha, sits quietly at his desk, his large fists intertwined with one another as he listens to my information. I was ordered to his office the moment I woke up, the morning right after I was attacked. I've been out of it ever since the hectic events that took place at the mall.

William clears his throat and fiddles with the ring on his finger as he continues to interrogate me.

"So the man was wearing a hood that covered most of his face, correct?" He waits for my reassuring nod before asking more questions. "What of him do you remember appearance wise?"

"Um... What I could see was light brown, almost golden eyes. His hair was dark too, and he was probably around six feet tall or so. That's all I can remember before things got fuzzy."

"Alright," He says, his voice monotone. "Based on the information that was gathered, he's definitely a member of the Crescent Moon pack. Unfortunately, we can't cross their territory right now. The tension is too high, and the boundary is guarded by members of both their pack and ours."

"Okay," I mumble softly. I rub my stomach where the bruises lay and wince a little bit.

"I will make sure that nothing will happen to you, Noah," William says sternly. "Especially since you're my son's mate, and the future Luna."

My lips form a small smile. I'm relieved that Louis' father was so accepting of me despite my lack of strength. I definitely need to be physically trained more before any type of ceremony begins.

The alpha lets me go, and I give him a firm handshake before exiting his office. My first instinct is to go find Louis, but he went back to the mall earlier this morning to try and find some sort of evidence at the scene, much to my dismay.

I venture down the hallway a bit, looking down the railings of the hall to view the first floor. My strong sense of hearing allows me to tune in to the sound of laughter located downstairs, particularly the booming one from Kara that could probably be heard a mile away. Shaking my head, I throw my feet over the railing, my pale toes dangling from the third floor balcony.

Like any sane person would do, I release the bars and throw myself off the ledge.

I'm probably the only pack member to do this, even though everyone probably has the capability to do the same thing.

I land gracefully on my toes and blow the whips of hair out of my face. For a moment I smirk, but then the sound of female voices causes my digression. Two teenage pack members whom I never speak to walk up to me with not so genuine smiles. I mentally prepare myself to hold back from lashing out on them.

"Hello, mate of Louis," the blonde cringes at the word mate. Hello dumb bítch. 

I smile. "This mate of Louis has a name."

"Yeah, we don't care," she sneers, rolling her eyes. The red headed girl nods in agreement despite looking vacant. "I'm just going to tell you now that almost all the mateless girls hate your guts right now."

More like the mateless sluts.

"While that may be generalizing the population of the single wolves in the pack, I find that not too hard to believe," I say casually, folding my arms over my chest.