Descent of a Genius

"Damn it," Richthofen thought after confronting Maxis, "that snake. I can't believe he would do such a thing to me of all people!"
Richthofen hurried away from the room as quickly as he could.
"How can he not see the uses for my teleporter? It may not be much but the nerve of him to make fun of it afterwards!"
A wave of anger surged through Richthofen but, being the calm collected scientist he was, the anger dissipated before long.
"If my findings won't benefit Maxis and his cause then I'll look elsewhere. No one would want an army of whatever he said running around anyways!"
Richthofen went into his room and stayed up all night, drawing up blueprints of the device and trying to find all the materials he would need to satisfy himself. It was only a matter of time before someone heard about the news and Richthofen wanted to be ready.
"Richthofen, is it true that you moved a mere peanut a few inches?"
" It was a walnut Dr. Schuster, and I moved it a few feet."
Dr. Schuster, although another German, was completely oblivious to Dr. Maxis's plans for group 935 and planned on even helping the project with the "wonder weapons" as they're called exceed everyone's expectations. Dr. Schuster was also the closest thing Richthofen had to a friend while working at group 935 but insanity comes with a price and, eventually, all friends are meaningless. Regardless, Richthofen decided to tell Schuster what had happened when Maxis shot down the teleporter and even told Schuster Maxis's plan.
"So you're telling me the head of this organization is working with the Nazi party?"
"Yes, that is exactly right. Maxis told me with his own unclean mouth!"
"Interesting. I'm surprised Maxis even has large enough balls to do that with so many different scientist in this organization. It looks like we need to form an alliance if we'll be able to beat Maxis at his own game."
"Yes, an alliance would be a great benefit. Maybe we can get some more help too if anyone would be so inclined."
And with that, everything went downhill. The timeline was fucked up and unnatural forces were able to exist outside of where they were supposed to. But, back at the research facility, everything was normal. Schuster and Richthofen were able to build the teleporter up to where a human could travel on it and, with that, the insanity began.