Chapter 5

It's been a week since Zayn and Liam found Niall and today they were finally able to take the little boy home. The husbands lawyer had gained them not only guardianship of Niall but he was also able to pull some strings and just go right into the adoption process. Today Zayn and Liam were gonna get the adoption papers and Niall was gonna be legally theirs forever. The papers were gonna get here in about half an hour and that gave them time to get Niall and everything else ready so they could be on their way as soon as they signed those documents. During the hospital stay the man learned a lot of things about the poor little blonde. For starters he was 6 years old, which completely caught the husbands off guard because he looks the size of a three year old, but after the doctor explained that it was due to malnourishment it made sense, but it didn't make it any less easier. They also learned that the little boy had a syndrome that caused him not to have control of his bladder most of the time. Niall was 3'1 and is severely underweight, all due to malnutrition and he is deathly scared of the dark. They also saw how the little boy had nightmares quite often and would move so much he would fall or almost fall of the bed. All in all they learned a lot about the little boy and during that time it was mostly Liam who had stayed with him, Zayn was in the middle of directing a movie and was unable to move dates but still went to visit Niall at night and during lunch breaks. Liam was building quite the bond with the little boy, he was the one who changed his diapers and helped him with the sponge baths. Niall was beginning to trust the man more and more everyday and he was actually happy being with them and couldn't wait to go home with them, after they had told him that they were gonna adopt him Niall had started crying because he was finally getting a place to call home and honestly couldn't wait to leave the hospital. The men had told him that he was gonna get his own room and that they had a dog and 2 cats which overjoyed Niall to the extreme because he absolutely loved animals, since they were the only ones that were ever nice to him when he went to new foster homes. The doctor had informed the husbands that Niall was gonna be needing a lot of nurture and care, not to mention attention because he was a special case. Due to being malnourished for his whole life the doctor gave them formula so it can help him grow and get nutrients in his body quicker, he instructed them to give it to him 3 times a day, basically every time he ate a meal, and to add a flavor because the formula was quite bitter tasting. He also told them to keep Niall in nappies until they see an improvement with his bladder control, then move on to pull ups. Lastly he strongly suggested that he shouldn't walk very often until he gets his weight up and to put him in a car seat since he is too small to sit in a seat by himself. With all the new information the husbands did some online shopping and got him 2 kinds of strollers, a car seat, crib (so he wouldn't roll of the bed) and a high chair so that he could reach eye level, eat comfortably and have a cushion seat to help not irritate his bruised bum. And now everything was set to go, they had the formula, the medicine and car seat. So now they were waiting on the papers and then they were good to go.
"Niall, baby boy wake up honey we have to get you dressed so we can go" Liam said while rubbing the boys back.
Niall didn't respond, he barely spoke really, but nonetheless sat up so Liam could begin the process of changing his nappy and clothe.
As soon as Niall sat up Liam quickly got to work and laid Niall down so he was across the hospital bed, he undressed him from the hospital gown and took off his nappy. To that the little boy blushed cherry red and hid his face, but Liam didn't really mind he just leaned down and kissed Niall's baby belly and resumed with the task. Soon Liam had Niall's nappy changed and had dressed him in comfy grey sweatpants, a white long sleeve onsie and a matching grey sweatshirt, since it was fall it was a little chilly outside and Liam was determined to never let his son be cold again so he also put him in a beanie and some fluffy ugg boots.