Getting Ready

August 21st 2016
Skylar's POV

I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm clock going off. I flip my legs over the side and shut my alarm off. It's quite chilly so I put on my robe and head over to my bathroom. I turn on the shower and brush my teeth while it warms up. I strip down and hop into the shower and turn on the waterproof radio to the country station. Don't Think I Don't Think About It by Darius Rucker came on and I started humming along while scrubbing in the vanilla smelling shampoo.

After I finished my shower I wrapped a towel around my body and went straight to my walk in closet to pick an outfit out for the first say of my senior year. I decided on wearing my cowboy boots, with a light blue dress and a light blue jean jacket. After I got dressed I ran back into my bathroom to blow dry my hair. It took me about 15 minutes to blow dry my hair. After I finished blow drying my hair I curled my long brown hair. I applied a little bit of mascara and eyeliner and decided to call it good. I don't like makeup it feel really weird on my face and plus it's just really expensive. I sprayed my perfume from Rue 21 and then put on some lotion from Victoria's Secret. I love them so much they smell amazing, I have to make them last though, I can't afford to buy them. They cost to much, but for Christmas my friend Makenzie bought them for me. She also bought me the outfit I'm wearing now. I love her so much, she saw me eyeing the dress and shoes and she surprised me with them after we got back to my house.

I walked down the hall to wake up my little brother Tyson. It's six-fiftheen now and I got up at five am. We have to leave by seven-ten. I open the door and find him sprawled out on his bed. I walked over to his bed and shook him slighty. He groaned when I said get up and its time to get you ready for school. He kept still with his face in his pillow. Come on Tye remember you don't wanna be late do you. He groaned again and threw his legs over the side of the bed. He had already showered lastnight so all we needed to do was get him fed, dressed and brush his teeth. I took him to the bathroom and helped him brush his teeth. As soon as we were done I took him into his room and helped him strip down and I put on his favorite pair of jeans and a T shirt with a dinosaur on it. I have to be extra careful on what I dress him in because if he feels any discomfort at all he'll just take of his clothes instantly no matter where we are. It's only happened at school once. That was a nightmare his teacher called me screaming because he did so. I got so furious at her, it's not his fault he has autism it's a disability it's gonna make him do things like that! I just couldn't believe the nerve she had! It's not his fault it's not like he chose to be that way. Yes he's  gotten a little better about it I'm glad to say. After that I walked him downstairs to the kitchen. I pulled out a package of strawberry poptarts and popped them into the toaster. Once they were done I handed him his and I ate mine. After that we had about ten minutes to spare so we just sat there. He doesn't really talk much, he doesn't say anything to anyone except, my mom, dad and I. When he does its very little but it's better than nothing, otherwise he doesn't talk.

    Speaking of my parents you are probably wondering where they are at? They are at the Hospital getting treated for their cancer.  They are at the Hospital quite a bit so I have to take care of my little bro. Also most of the bills. Over the summer all I did was work, cook, clean, pay bills and take my brother to therapy and sleep. That's all I ever had time to do but it was worth every second of it to make sure my family got what they needed. I used to work thirteen hours a day seven times a week. My parents didn't want me working so much but they couldn't stop me, but when it came to school they got the last word. They made me shorten my hours and change my schedule. Now I work eleven p hours on every week day and then on the weekends I work thirteen hours. Working over twelve hours is illegal but my boss knows my situation so she allows it. The only thing is if she tells I'm way to tired or anything is wrong she will not hesitate to send me home.  She's a really sweet boss. I don't love but I don't hate being a barista at Starbucks. One of the perks is getting free food and Coffee!

       It was seven ten so I grabbed both mine and Tysons bags and school supplies and grabbed Tysons hand. We left out the door making sure I locked it and walked down the driveway to my car. I set all of our stuff on the passenger seat and buckled Tye in the back. I hopped in the drivers seat and begun the ten minute drive to his school. Once we got there, I pulled into a parking spot and grabbed Tysons stuff. I went to the back and unbuckled him and got him out. I took his hand and led him across the cross walkway. I led him through the the first grade hallway taking him to the special ed teachers classroom. There was only two other students and two teachers in the room. As soon as they saw us come in they came towards us and greeted us.

Hi you must me Skylar right? Yes Ma'am I am Skylar and you are?  I am Mrs. Weatherford one of Tysons teachers. I smiled back and looked at Tyson. She knelt down and said this year will be a lot of fun and you will learn a lot and introduced herself to Tye. He didn't saying anything he just stood there clutching onto my hand. I glanced at the clock and realized I needed to leave in a few minutes so I knelt down to Tye and said hey Tye buddy I have to go to school now to, let's find your seat and then I have to leave. He looked sad and scared I felt so bad for him. Mrs. Weatherford lead us to his desk that had a name tag on it with his name and some dinosaurs. We put all of his supplies in his desk and it was time for there class to start soon so I had to leave.
Bye Tye buddy I love you and I'll see you later when I come pick you up from school. Have a good first day! You can do it love you bye. Before I left he hopped out of his seat and ran and hugged me. I was not expecting it but it was really nice.  He whispered love you in my ear and ran off back to his deak. I said goodbye to his teacher and left the classroom. 

I hope you like it and remember I always love to hear feedback and suggestions! Thanks~Hailee