Chapter 17- The Return

Twilight Sparkle gradually regained consciousness, trying to interpret what was being spoken by the pony before her.

"Hello? Helloooo?" Purple Potion said turning her head, "Not to be rude or anything, but, um, I leaving now to retrieve some key ingredients for my potion. So, Bon voyage! You can leave now too."

"Oh no!" Twilight remembered, "She's really going to mix an immortality potion! I have to stop her! She doesn't understand that the potion could bring an end to the world!"

Twilight paced across the room, hyperventilating so much that her face was turning a shade of crimson.

She recalled an ancient quote she learned as a filly:
"When eternal life is granted to one unworthy, Equestria will not be in balance, assuredly. It is not just indecent and not morally right, if this is done, the future's not looking bright."

"What do I do now?" Twilight asked herself, panicked, "There's not enough time to contact Celestia, or even my friends!"

Then the decision became crystal clear.

She had to take the matter into her own hooves and chase Purple Potion herself.

After snatching up a set of binoculars, she spun on her hoof and galloped out the door. She held the binoculars up to her eyes and thoroughly searched the Canterlot scene in front of her.

She found a purple mare in the distance, and consequently began to sprint across the city, toppling a few ponies like bowling pins along the way.

Once she approached the pony, she leaped on top of her.

"Hey! What's your deal?" A small freckled mare asked, turning around and wincing.

"Oh! I'm so sorry. I thought you were somepony else," Twilight said apologetically.

"Well, I feel bad for whoever you want to be attacking..." The pony said with an eye roll.

She escaped Twilight's grip and walked away quickly.

Now with a hint of embarrassment, Twilight continued her quest.
Then she remembered: Spike!

She zoomed over to the quaint little comic book store and pressed her face to the window. 

"Spiiiiike!" She screeched through the glass.

"Oh hey, Twilight!" Spike said, gleefully exiting the shop with an enormous pile of books in his arms, "That was amazing; look at all my new books!"

Twilight smiled for a moment at the dragon beneath her.

"Sweet, lovable Spike the dragon,"  she thought a little sadly.

"Spike, listen to me, you must go home, to the library, right now. I'll be back soon, I promise. Here's your train ticket," Twilight said, handing the ticket she held to Spike.

"But, but, I don't understand!" Spike cried, bursting into tears, "Why aren't you coming with me?"

"Spike, you know I love you, that's why I want you to return to Ponyville," Twilight replied with a sigh and a few tears as well, "I have a mission to complete, by myself."

Twilight Sparkle stared into the distance, watching a certain mare leave Canterlot city with a large backpack.