4

I opened the front door to my house and quietly closed it behind me.

I turned and started tip toeing up the stairs until my mom yelled from the kitchen, "Shawn get down here right now!"
Slowly I made my way to the kitchen. My mother was sitting I between my sister and father with a stern look on her face. If I didn't know her she would scare the hell out of me.

"What's up ma'," I asked with a grin. Maybe I can play it off and get to leave the house before I'm 40.
She squinted at me and then at the stool next to her, nonverbally telling me to sit my ass down. I sat down and waited for the yelling to begin.

"Where were you last night? You said you'd be home by 1. I can't believe you wouldn't at least ca-"

"Jesus Mom I was at Johnson's calm down," just because he didn't like me right now didn't mean I couldn't use him as my alibi right?
My mom leaned over and sniffed the collar of my shirt, I jerked back hoping that she couldn't smell the odor.

"Oh really is that why you smell like booze?"

I just sat there as my mom stared me down, waiting for my body to turn to stone.

"Oh good god Karen he's a seventeen year old boy," my dad stood up and slapped his hand on my shoulder. "As long as he doesn't drive," he paused. "You didn't drive last night did you?"

I shook my head and glared at Aaliyah who was covering her mouth with her hand, attempting to contain herself.

"Then I don't see the issue," my father said turning his attention to my mom.

"Well then I guess there isn't one," my mom flashed us all a fake smile and walked out of the room.

My dad followed her but turned around glaring at me before leaving the room, "I covers for you this time but don't do it again."

"Yeah Shawn don't do it again," Aaliyah mimicked, grinning ear to ear.

"No promises," I mumbled before returning back to my bedroom.

------

My alarm sounded and I rolled out of bed as I would for any other school day. Except today was different, I was nervous. Not nervous that I wouldn't do good on a test or in gym class but petrified that I would run into Gilinsky. The even more horrific fact of the matter was that I wouldn't have Johnson to keep him in line. I was totally fucked.

I grabbed a flannel, a white v-neck, and a pair of skinny jeans then headed to my bathroom. I undressed and got into the shower. The warm water misted over my body. Thoughts raced through my head.

The first time I ever had sex I was too drunk to remember. But I had sex with the most popular girl in school. Do They even out? Probably not but I'm going to pretend like they do to make myself feel better.

I turned the shower off then exited and dried off. I threw my clothes before grabbing my backpack then headed to the kitchen.My sister was sitting at the table eating pancakes and watching videos on her phone. I pulled my phone out and checked the time.

7:40. Fuck.

I grabbed an apple from the bowl in the middle of the table and slung my back pack over my shoulder.
"Aaliyah lets go," I said before walking to my Jeep, tossing the apple in the air on the way.
Five minutes went by, the apple was half gone and I was becoming more and more frustrated. I honked the horn three times before my sister walked out of the house, both middle fingers in the air.

"Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine today," I said while pulling out of the drive way as she buckled herself in.

Aaliyah kicked her feet up onto my dashboard before looking at me with a devilish smirk. "Shut up before I tell Mom what you really were doing Saturday night."

"Oh is that a threat," I questioned while pushing her feet down. "And what was I really doing Saturday."

"Your shirt smelt like vanilla. I'm going to bet you weren't the one wearing vanilla perfume."

"And what does that have to do with anything," I asked putting my car in park and looking at all the kids entering school. Mostly making sure Gilinsky wasn't in sight.

My sister leaned down and grabbed her backpack, "I think you had sex."

"You're to young to even know what that is," I opened my car door an exited, she followed.

Aaliyah walked ahead of me toward a group of girls that looked about her age, "I'm 13 Shawn," she yelled while rolling her eyes before entering the school with her friends.

I cussed under my breath then walked into the school, not stopping until I reached my locker. Neither of the Jacks in sight. I grabbed all of the supplies I needed for biology then headed to my first class of the day. We were in the middle of a lab project with partners and my partner just so happened to be Johnson. At least this way he would have to talk to me and wouldn't be able to ignore me. I walked into the classroom and noticed him sitting toward the back of the class with an empty seat beside him. I took the risk and sat in the seat.

After a few minutes of complete silence I turned toward him, " Look Johnson I'm sorry. It was an accident-"

"Dude chill. It's fine I over reacted," he held his hand out. We did our stupid hand shake then continued conversing.

"So where did you go anyways."

"Dude," I felt my face heat up. I had no idea if I should talk about it or not. It's not like Andrea said I couldn't...

"Look you can't tell anyone alright?" Johnson nodded. "I hooked up with Andrea."

He looked at me in shock then busted into laughter. "Oh your serious," Johnson said holding his hand over his mouth. I simply nodded not sure how to respond to his reaction.

"We are talking about the same girl right? G's Andrea?"

"Yeah except I didn't know she was with Gilinsky until Sunday morning," I nervously tapped my pen on the table.

"Gilinsky knows?" I nodded . "And your still alive?" Jack chuckled.

"He's going to beat the shit out of me."

"Well you shouldn't have fucked with his girl," Johnson looked at me, I could feel his judgement. "Plus you shouldn't be hanging around her anyway."

I flipped open my text book as Mr. Dail walked toward the front of the room, "Why?"

"Oh come on, you know shes got a bad reputation." Before I could argue class begun.