Chapter 12: Old Friend

I stopped and turned looked to see who it was, expecting to see Aphmau or one of the guards but instead I saw...Zane. there he was standing in front of me. My heart stopped, my blood ran cold so many thoughts raced through my head, how did he find me, why was he here? I took a step back and he smirked behind his mask, I shook my head violently, trying desperately to make him go away. I squeezed my eyes shut and when I opened them he was gone. I ran to the door, looking all around, but there was no sighn of him. I collapsed to my knees. It wasn't him, he wasn't really there, I had just imagined it.
After being on the floor for what seamed like hours I got up, feeling numb, I felt like I wanted to puke. I tried to walk to the stairs but the second I took the first step the entire room started to spin. Images of Zane came to me, memories from our child hood, Garroth, Vylad, my parents, like a movie playing over across my eyes. Then I saw someone else, am man with brown hair, I couldn't see his face though, it was dark, covered, I couldn't make out any features but yet I felt like I knew him, he looked so, familiar. The room began to spin faster, "y/n! Y/n! Hey! Can you hear me?! Y/n!" I heard someone in the distance yelling my name, I felt a hand in my shoulder "hey y/n, are you ok?" I heard a familiar voice say. Suddenly the room became still again and the flood of images stopped. "Hey, can you hear me?"
I turned to see Laurence, his face wore a worried expression, his eyes searched mine. I was breathing heavily, sweat dripped down my face. I blinked, I don't know what it was but Laurence seemed really familiar, I felt like I knew him but I have never met him before today. "What is it? What's wrong?" He asked "I-I, I saw him he-" I stuttered unable to find my words. "Who? Who did you see?" Laurence asked confused "Zane." The name came out barley a whisper. His eyes grew wide and his eyebrows shot up. "He was here?! How?" I shook my head "no he wasn't, that's just it I saw him but it wasn't really him I saw a bunch of thifs, memories, but I don't know what the other stuff was, I can't explain it" I said standing up from my slumped position against the stone pillar. The nausea was subsiding so I was able to find my balance. "Well should tell Aphmau" Laurence said, I nodded my head in agreement, I tried to swallow but my throat was dry. "Are you ok?" He asked I gave another short nod and then followed him out of the house. I grabbed my sword from its place where it leaned against the wall and it again took up its blue glow, the enegery once again filled my body and gave me a new strength. I looked down at the sword, marveling at its beauty, somthing inside me said 'this was made for you, is part of you' I shook myself as if to clear my head and continued following Laurence. The sun had begun to set, the amber rays that peaked through the trees illuminated the path giving the forest it's own magical look, much like Hyria's. The thought of her forest made me want to see her again, I would have to pay her another visit sometime soon.

"Can you explain to me what you saw?" Aphmau asked pacing back and forth in her house. I swallowed hard and gave a short nod of my head. "I saw Zane, and Garroth and Vylad, my parents, bits and process of my child hood, memories, but then I saw things that I couldn't explain, things I couldn't describe to you, then I saw someone, I don't know who they were but I felt like I knew them, but I couldn't see their face." I furrowed my eyebrows trying to think I looked to the other people in the room, Garroth, Dante, Laurence. They were all staring at me, I'm sure I looked awful, I sure did feel like it. Laurence and I locked eyes, he held my gaze there with his then the room began to spin, just like it had before. The image of the mad I had seen before came back and the prices cam together. The light moved to reveal his face, it was Laurence, that could explain why it felt like I knew him but, I had only known him less than a day. He smiled at me "we're finally together again, I missed you" he said to me. I felt a sense of familiarity, I felt safe. The image began to ripple like a pebble hitting the surface of a pond. Then I was brought back to the spinning room. I sucked in a breath, gasping like I had just come up for air after staying under water to long. Everyone in the room was around me faces worried, "y/n, are you ok? What is it?" I heard aphmau asking from a distance. My eyes found Laurence's "I know you" I said before I was cut short by a splitting headache that sent me to the floor, I could hear them yelling my name but it all seemed so far away, before the world went black.