2.3 ⇛ Acquisition

Začať od začiatku

I've always called out, knowing that no one would answer, but I always held on to that little sliver of hope that someone would respond to my call.

But, that didn't happen. It wouldn't because this is reality.

I squeezed my arms, a body laying on a large stump.

"Isaac!" I shouted, breaking out into a sprint as I approached the beta.

He looked pale, his eyes closed. He almost looked peaceful.

But, he almost looked dead.

"No, no, no, no." I repeatedly mumbled, tugging on his torn shirt.

"Scott!" I cried out, the world slowing itself down.

I brushed his cheeks and ran my fingers through his matted down hair. For a second, I thought I lost him.

His blue eyes opened a crack as his eyes darted back and forth.

"Charlie?" He mumbled, wincing as he wanted to get up.

"Don't move, I-I need to go get Scott." I breathed out, turning to see Scott running over.

Thank god he was already here.

"We need to get him to Deaton, or the hospital. or-" I stopped talking as Scott helped Isaac up, the two of us holding him up as a team.

"Where's Stiles?" I asked.

"I'm sure he's where we left him." Scott shrugged, the two of us trudging up a hill.

My legs were ready to give out as Scott and I slowly approached the blue jeep, the pale boy's face flooded with relief as he opened the door as Scott and I got Isaac inside.

"So, where was he?" Stiles asks, his lips pursed.

"On a tree stump, now I can tell you more about it later, but we need to get him to Deaton." I sighed, running my fingers through my hair as Isaac's head rested on my shoulder, his curly hair tickling my neck.

"Yeah, but who put him there?" Stiles asks, glancing back at me from the mirror.

"I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to find out soon."

///

Scott and I both sat in the waiting area in the vet clinic, my leg bounced up and down in anticipation.

"You reek of anxiety." Scott sighed, leaning back in his chair.

"Sorry." I mumbled, closing my eyes.

"Why don't you go out for a second, I'll tell you if he wakes up." Scott gave a sympathetic smile.

I stood up, shuffling out the door and down the sidewalk.

Not too far away from me was Jackson, he looked equally as stressed.

"Hey Jackass." I took a seat next to the soon to be former co captain.

"That's pretty original coming from you." Jackson groaned.

"Well, your last name is Shittmore if it makes you feel better." He gave a painful chuckle before clearing his voice.

"So, what are you doing here?" Jackson motions around.

"Long story." I slouched in my chair, rubbing my eyes.

"Lydia tell you that I'm leaving?" Jackson looked over at me.

"Yeah, she didn't like it, but she's Lydia so she wasn't a wreck." I explained.

"Have you seen her and Allison?"

"Not really, I've been busy." I stared at the rocky ground, looking at the different shades of black and grey.