Aces Bridge Boarding School: East Bridge

I felt my eyes aching uncontrollably. Jessie’s eyes stared right back into mine. I could tell her eyes were aching too. They were practically tearing. The rest of her face though was completely calm. My lips twitched, and I fought with all my strength to keep my eye lids open when…

“ Andy…West Bridge kids are coming here.”

Blink…

“ WHAT?!” I exclaimed. “ They aren’t coming for a fight right? We just had one a week ago. Check the news.”

“ You lost.” Jessie announced.

“ Suck it.” I growled. She raised an eyebrow.

“ Thought you were gay.”

“ SHUT UP!”

I turned back to the guy who gave me the news. Jason smiled sheepishly, and shrugged.

“ They’re apparently staying here for the rest of the year. Our schools are trying to get us back together or something.”

I fell back into my chair, letting my jet black hair fall over my eyes.

“ So what were you two doing?” Jason asked. Jessie grinned.

“ Staring contest.”

“ Damn. Ruining his pride one game at a time?”

“ You know it.”

“ Will you two shut it?!” I exclaimed massaging my temple.

I could not stand a West Bridger coming to our school. I did not need our students getting more detentions than they already are or the news reporters coming every day to see how the W-bridgers are holding out. I definitely didn’t need some West Bridgers coming to ruin the way our school runs. Life would be a lot less stressful without those W-Bridges.

I know I’m not in charge of this school . I’m not even President. I have no ability of power from being on sport teams, or at least holding some authority in some clubs. I was though, looked up too by every student. Even by my seniors. My ability to fight, and my sometimes controlling attitude happened to make me throw orders around. It just happens, and I easily take the leadership roll.

This power, somehow made me feel this school was under my protection. Even if it wasn’t, I was going to treat it as if it was.

“ So what you thinking now?” Jason asked, sliding into the seat beside Jessie.

“ I’m thinking how the hell do I stop this from happening?”

“ You can’t. The other school has already accepted, and are choosing the students they are sending over right now.”

“ Wait our school initiated the idea? What the hell!”

“ If the other school started it… wouldn’t it be at their school.” Jessie announced.

“ The other school could have been selfish and make our school be the one almost wrecked.”

“ You think we would have agreed?”

I shrugged and slumped in my chair, letting my two friends chat amongst themselves.

Jessie had black hair with obnoxious highlights, that reached her shoulder. She was tall about five foot seven inches. She wore glasses, though sometimes she took them off, like when we were having a staring contest. She was a ‘geek', but on the popular side. She was also one to love video games. I’d come to her house to play on the television that spread across her wall. We’d play for hours. Jessie was a bubbly person, and although very boyish, she had her girl side. She loved animals. I mean it. She loved them! The last fact I have about this girl is she is a lesbian. I mean, she never came out and said it, but I’m pretty sure she is. I’m not basing it off how she looks, but she just never has seemed to be interested in guys. I mean she could just not have found the right person but still.