Partners

"I like her," Rossi said to Hotch.

Hotch folded his arms and looked down at Phoenix Haze and Spencer Reid who were talking and laughing together in front of Reid's desk. "She seems to be a good profiler but I don't think everyone is fond of her..." Hotch's gaze was locked on Seaver who kept looking up from the copy machine at the two laughing workers.

"Phoenix was right to say what she said to her, she was being rude."

"I agree but I don't want any drama or jealousy between my profilers." Hotch turned his back on the view from downstairs and faced Rossi, "I have to ask, have you made any progress on getting her to join?"

Rossi sighed; a small grimace came over his face. "I think she's going to stay in the Chicago unit."

Hotch turned back to look down at Reid and Phoenix. They had been working for hours; without leaving Reid's desk they had delivered a wealth of information to the team. They were working well together; he just hoped that working together would be it for them. Hotch didn't like the idea of an inter-office relationship, he had enough worry about that for Morgan and Garcia.

"She seems to like Reid." Rossi said with a smile.

"I hope not," Hotch said quietly.

-----

So far Reid and Phoenix had discovered a lot about Maxi just through phone calls and Maxi's private cell. Maxi had been an up and coming journalist until her office found she had developed a habit for selling herself on street corners. A little more snooping had led Reid and Phoenix – with the help of the ever-brilliant Garcia - to find out where her 'corner' was.

Phoenix was in the driver's seat of the black SUV, having discussed with Reid that the corner may lead to clues or friends of Maxi.

"We'll see what this place looks like, see if there is anyone hanging round, some one might be on the day shift...Do you think Morgan and Prentiss are doing okay at Maxi's journalist place?" Phoenix asked as she took a sharp left turn.

"Yeah they'll be okay," Reid mumbled his words; he had never been good with small talk. Phoenix seemed to pick up on it and she remained silent until they arrived at Maxi's corner.

"You want me to talk?" Phoenix asked as she un-buckled her seatbelt.

"Sure, whatever you want really."

They stepped out of the cool car and into the hot air of Virginia. The car was parked haphazardly against a curb, Phoenix shielded her eyes from the sun and then turned to Reid.

"That underpass," Phoenix pointed over to a woman stood against one of the pillars, "I think that's a hooker."