Chapter 6

LIAM'S POV
When we drove to school, she was just letting her hair blow in the wind.

She was just beautiful. Her blonde hair, her lip gloss. She looked up at me and smiled a weak smile. Then, she went right back to staring out the window.

I parked my car in my usual spot. It was near the back of the high school, not many people parked there, so it was pretty cool to not have a tight squeeze.

I ran out of my car before Nicole unbuckled so I could open the door for her. She thanked me and smiled her beautiful white smile.

I held her hand and took her to her to her locker. She got her books, dropped off some stuff, and we went to my locker, and I did the same. Then I walked her to her first period classroom. I kissed her on her forehead and told her I loved her. She walked away.

She didn't seem like she was in shock. She looked like she couldn't talk because she.....couldn't. I didn't understand.....but the more I thought about it, the more confused I got.

I did my best to not think about Nicole during my first four periods... but that was so hard.

"Hey Liam! I heard that you're with the new girl. That's stupid dating a new girl. Hey but that not surprising... You're Liam so.... never mind dude. Have fun dating the new chick. Don't be surprised when she dumps you!"

I felt like I was jus punched in the face. What Brandon just said really hurt. But maybe it was true. Maybe Nicole will start to hate me too.

That really did take my mind of Nicole. That got me to think. What if she doesn't like me and she was playing truth or dare or something. Or what if she does like me and then listens to the lies my olds friends would tell her.

She is the only person that matters to me at this school.

When I got to lunch, she sat down by me. "Hey dude. How was your day going so far.... are you okay, because you don't look like you are okay." Nicole said.

"I am just fine. I guess how was your day babe."

"Fine. What's wrong baby. Did you flunk a test? What's going on with you?"

"Do you love me?"

"What?"

"Do you love me?"

"Liam, who told you I didn't love you. What's going on babe? I do love you."

"I'm scared Nicole. If s me one ever told you that I was a terrible man would you believe them?"

"Are you a terrible man?"

"I don't think so."

"Then why in the world would you think that that's what I think? Liam, I love you."

"Nicole, I know that we have only known each other for a few months now, but I will still love you."

She smiled at me. I knew that I could keep that promise towards her. She held my hand and we just started at each other.