Chapter 1

Nicole's POV

I sat down at the lunch table on a Tuesday afternoon. I took a bite of an apple and gave a sigh. I wondered if I would make any friends. New schools are always hard. This was the third new school this year! I looked at the tables around me and realized that everyone had friends packed around them... but I didn't.

A boy with dark brown hair came up to me and smiled. "You must be the new girl... I'm Liam." He sat next to me with his lunch. "Hi Liam... I'm Nicole thanks for coming here and talking to me I really thought I was invisible." We both gave a small chuckle. 

When we finished their lunches, they went to the blacktop. "So Nicole, tell me a little bit about yourself." Liam said. "Well I get my blonde hair from my mom's side of the family, um... my dad left me when I was a baby... he said he wasn't ready for a kid." 

I paused. He frowned."I am so sorry Nicole." I smiled and continued. "It's fine I'm used to it by now. Anyway I have been to three schools just this year, and-""Okay that's enough, don't hurt yourself." Just then the teachers came out. I shook Liam's hand and went to class.

After school Liam met me in the walker area. Liam walked me home. "Okay well I got to get home, work. I hate my job. I just can't get one stupid day off. Okay well catch you later." Liam said. "Wow you are a SUPER busy guy! You should really get a break. Well see you tomorrow." Liam closed the door and walked home.

When I was all showered and in my pj's, my mom told me we were going out for ice cream after we ate our dinner. So I got out of my pj's, into casual cute clothes and short heels. When we got to the ice cream shop, there was a big surprise waiting for me.

"Oh hey Nicole, what are you doing here so late?" Liam said behind the counter. "It's my mom's birthday, what are you doing here?" I asked. My mom looked at me. "I work here." I was shocked. "Oh okay, well in that case can I get a cotton candy cone?" Liam smiled. "Of course." He gave me my ice cream and my mom the birthday special. We were about to leave the shop when we saw our receipt. We didn't have to pay a penny!

"It's on me." He said with a smile. My mother and I enjoyed our ice cream while we walked all around town. "So that Liam fella really seems to like you Nikki." My mom said. I blushed, "You think so?" I asked, trying to sound as calm as possible. "Yes, do you like him?" I looked at my mom. That's all she needed to know.

When we got home we split up. My mom went to her room, and I went to mine. This time when I got in my pj's, I didn't have to get out of them. I stared at the ceiling. "Does he really like me? Why would he like me? Out of all the pretty girls, why me? Do I like him?" I wondered. Then I drifted off to sleep.