Chapter 8:Dani Says Goodbye To Lauren

Hey it's Dani. So now that Lauren has died I am left thinking, 'What am I gonna say to the family?' I had to tell the truth. I approached my family.

'Everyone, Lauren's dead.'

The family's reaction was shocking to me. I couldn't help but think, 'I'm disappointed in you all.' I sprinted back out. I went ahead and buried Lauren.

Lauren my friend, we've never really gotten things patched up. Ever since South America I felt distant with you and I am truly sorry for everything. I caused you to feel this way. I can never forgive myself.

Goodbye Lauren. I love you :'(

With that I dug a hole in the earth and buried Lauren's body, then covered her up. The tombstone said, 'Here Lies Lauren Christine Cimorelli, 1998-2016. She was always misunderstood.' That part I didn't appreciate on the misunderstood part but it's sadly true. We never could understand what was going on with her. I am honestly going to miss her. With that I got my guitar and played one more song in tribute to her. It was her favorite song in the world.

-----

1 year later, I'm now 17 and living on my own in Nashville. It's so sad not having Lauren around anymore. The band split after lots of conflict and disagreement so I felt it was the time to end the band and go solo. I still did music but it didn't feel the same without Lauren around. She was a reason I didn't hurt myself. I have to be strong in her memory. She told me if she died, I could have her tambourine. I grabbed her tambo and played it. I started practicing with it. Needless to say this is not my instrument of choice but I will learn it, for her.

Meanwhile I know Lauren is not coming back and it seemed like everyone hated her.

Oh well :'( Bye Lauren.