8) Bitches Be Trippin'

I tried to leave as soon as I had finished speaking with Eric again but he insisted on me staying. Even with me begging for my freedom he kept claiming that I should stay under his and Pam's supervision. I was trying to be more kind to the dead man, but how was I supposed to tell him that I couldn't think of anything better than getting rid of his and the vampire bitch's company. And there was the awful fact that I couldn't stop staring at him.

I had successfully ignored Eric for a while when I initially began working for him. We passed each other without the slightest eye contact. Many of my nights I scoffed at every fang banger waiting in line to kiss his diamond encrusted boots. Now I was struggling to control my impure thoughts.

So, naturally, I snuck out during the daylight and hid out at home till my next shift at the bar.

I walked in late so I wouldn't have to talk to Eric. On my way to change I bumped into Gertrude.

"What are you doing here?" I scoffed in astonishment. Gosh I disliked her perfect southern vampire curls.

"I'm taking over your shift tonight, didn't you get the memo?"

"No, because you're not. I'm here and capable of doing my job."

"Sorry but I was requested by the man himself." She smirked at me licking her hooker red lips.

"The man himself... Jesus?"

"Try, Eric you moron. He told me last night when we were together." I received a wink as she stripped down to pull on her uniform over her Barbie body.

"Oh really," I laughed. "And how was your night?"

"Unbelievable," She snapped disapproving my laughter.

"God, you're a real fucking psycho, Gertrude."

In a blink of an eye, Gertrude had me by my throat. Her dagger-like nails pressed against my flesh. I didn't know how I managed to keep my cool, but I continued grinning at her. Maybe it was knowing that even if she did decide to kill me I still would have won.

"One of these days I'm going to kill you without batting my pretty fucking eyelash."

"Newsflash, Gertrude. I was with the man last night. All night."

She let go of me, but she still didn't fully trust it. If I had spent the night with Eric, I was his. I'd be untouchable and anybody who tried to mess with me would be dead meat.

"That's impossible," she snickered.

"Let's go ask the man himself."

I left the room not watching to see if she was following me. My hand raised to my neck where she had almost crushed me by my throat. There was a small swipe of blood on my finger from where her finger had pierced my skin. Bitch. She seriously had an Eric obsession.