[Fear]

"When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."
-Tecumseh

>>Chase Mavericks' Point of View<<

••Major major trigger warning // sexual violence. please guys this was really hard for me to write and if you have any sort of stressor with sexual violence please skip this chapter and comment letting me know and i will literally write a backup, filler chapter so you don't have to read this one.••

I woke abruptly to the sound of screaming. At first i thought i was having a nightmare- then i wished it was just a nightmare. In the corner of the room, I saw him.

I saw the man that ruined my life. The psychopath with the sunken in eyes and the obsession with my mother.

My vision was blurred and my ears rung. I felt pain in my entire body.

The screams of pain were coming from my father who tried so strenuously to be strong for us. Tears glided down my cheeks. "I'm sorry," I sobbed and the pain in my chest was visible in my voice, "I'm so so sorry."

He looked at me. The crazed look in his eye was nothing i could ever imagine. Nothing i could dream up in a nightmare. That was the face of a demon. The purest form of evil resides in that man and there was nothing stopping it.

He approached me swiftly and grabbed me by the hair to look at him. I yelped in pain. The feeling of his breath against my face made me gag. I had never feared something in my life more than this man. This creature. He noticed me crying and the look on his face softened.

"My darling Josette," he brushed my hair from my face. "I'm not Josette." I spat and narrowed my eyes, my lip quivered at my sudden confidence.

"Of course you are dear," he placed on of his hands on my back, "silly girl, you remember me, don't you? it's Johnny." He touched my hair again. My body was shivering in fear and disgust. Then he did it. The most anguishing thing possible. He kissed me. His face was cold and clammy and he strived for my response.

"Get the hell away from her!" My mother screamed from across the room. "You monster! Get away from her!" His attention was no longer on me and he trekked across the room.

My mother whimpered as he unchained her from the wall and dragged her up the stairs. I screamed for her. Jonathan looked at me and i swear i felt daggers in my skin with his eyes scanning me up and down. I looked at my mother once more.

"I love you." She mouthed and nodded her head, attempting to assure me that everything would be okay.

He pulled on the chains around her wrists and fastened them to a wall closer to the door at the top of the stairs. He then came back down to me. My mother screamed to try and distract him from me but it was no use. He knew exactly what he was doing.

There was a small metal table in the corner of the room. Other medical supplies were scattered in the area and around the room. There was something in an IV bag that he had in my father's arm. It kept him in a coma. I don't know why he went through all of the work of torturing him like that. He obviously has a vendetta against him but he wants my mother and I. So why keep him alive? I'll never know.

Jonathan retrieved a needle and a vile of liquid from the medical table and came closer to me.

"Wait, what are you doing?" I cowered against the wall in fear.

"Stay away from her!" My mother yelled and i could hear her rattling the chains to get free but it wouldn't work. Nothing worked.

He looked at me with those devilish, chilling eyes. He put his hand out with the syringe. I was too afraid to fight so i gave him my arm. He injected the liquid into my skin and I immediately felt a rush. My vision blurred and the room spun around me. I tried to shout but sound wouldn't leave my mouth. Then everything went black.

I could hear the springs of a bed above me. Along with heavy breathing. My vision was still blurry and I was overwhelmed with nausea.

I managed to roll over into my stomach and lift myself into my hands and knees. Then I vomited. I hadn't eaten in days and the stomach acid that erupted from inside me burned my throat. Hot tears streamed down my face and I sobbed.

"STOP IT!" I shrieked. My voice cracked and sobs echoed in the concrete room. "LEAVE HER ALONE!!" I cried and tried so hard to make as much noise as i possibly could.

"Please." My voice wavered. I was so exhausted.

My father still hung from the wall across from me. Lifeless. I shivered in disgust. My skin burned. Everything is blurry and I feel dazed.

I looked at the syringe Jonathan put in my arm earlier. A small vile on the medical counter read "Demerol". It was a drug used to treat pain, similar to morphine. Highly addictive. I leaned my head against the wall and tried to block out the sounds from above me.

"Why?" I whispered quietly, wrapping my arms around myself.

A/N: i am so sorry for the inactivity. i'm not gonna try to explain myself bc i doubt anyone cares all that much but what matters is that i'm back and i'm gonna try to be active more for you guys.