[Anxiety]

"Life is ten percent what you experience and ninety percent how you respond to it."
-Dorothy M. Neddermeyer

>>Spencer Reid's Point of View<<

"I believe I've lost control of my life." I announced to Chase.

"Why is that?" She replied with utmost concern.

"I came to Massachusetts to lecture a class at Harvard for a month, and I've stayed here because of...well, you." I admitted. And it was true. Chase Mavericks is my best and frankly, only friend.

She blushed.

"Why stay here for me? I'm not anyone important."

"Not important?! Chase, you're one of the most important people in my life. I know we just met a few weeks ago, but I've never met anyone like me and I'm happy to admit that you're my best friend."

"I-I've never had a friend..." She wouldn't look me in the eye.

"But why, you're amazing."

She blushed again.

"Growing up in Massachusetts isn't the easiest."

"Neither is Vegas." I added.

>>Chase Mavericks' Point of View<<

Spencer and I have been sitting in my living room talking about random things and playing chess for three hours.

It's been almost a month since my birthday and we only have two more weeks until Christmas.

"I bet California is wonderful this time of year." I smiled.

"Well, the snow is sort of a new thing for me." He scoffed.

"Checkmate." I announced, smirking devilishly.

"Not fair, you distracted me."

"A good player never gets distracted."

He shook his head.

"Hi guys!" My mother announced, entering the room.

"Hey mom, wasn't expecting you till nine."

"I got a break and brought you guys stuff." She set a paper bag down on the counter.

"Okay, sure. That, or, Dad left his lab coat again and you happened to think of me on the way over here." I snarked.

"Oh, you got me." She laughed.

***

"Favorite color?"

"Spencer, why are we playing the favorites game?" I groaned lying back on the floor.

"Because, I know there's a lot about you that you're not telling me." He smirked.

"Blue." I replied.

"Why do you have so many instruments in your house?"

"Ha! Can't answer that one, its not a favorite question, you're breaking code." I laughed. "But, the answer is that not only am I a genius, I am also a music prodigy."

"Why'd you never tell me?!" He began to get excited. "Because it's embarrassing." I complied. "No it's not." He argued.

I groaned.

"So, are you gonna play something for me?" Spencer continued to urge.

"I guess." I sighed.

I played a piece on the violin and the piano while Spencer stared in awe.