04| Geminia

0 4 

G e m i n i a

(n.) twin.

☣☣☣

Subject Name: Moretti, Geminia

Subject #: H412

D.O.B: 30.03.93

Blood Type: O+

Heritage: Japanese

Diagnosis: Hallucination

  ☣☣☣  

They did everything together.

Scraped knees after bicycle rides and chocolate smeared smiles; loud giggles and sparkling eyes – they were inseparable.

Quirky jokes and flat sarcasm, Geminia and Elina were hooked at the hips ever since they were born; given that Elina was twelve minutes elder than Geminia, it seemed like it never really made any difference.

Gem, I am literally twelve minutes older than you.

You know what they say, the morons come out first.

Bubble baths and muddy puddles, the two girls were more than happy to have each other – even the few fist fights in between barely changed anything.

They even held hands on their first day of school; shaking fingers entwined with another as they stepped into the enormous building, their parents' footsteps trailing behind – El, I'm scared – and the elder girl merely shrugged, her shoulders trembling – We'll be okay Gem, I promise.

Ridiculous stutters and bashful shrugs, Geminia and Elina made it through their first day of middle school, and came back home with bright smiles on their faces and stars in their eyes.

How was school?

All good Mom, nothing to worry about.

And God did they do everything together.

Blasting loud music while they did their homework – stomachs on their bed as they sang along to the song while solving science and math simultaneously – and their mother would always scold them for being too loud.

You girls quiet it down, your father's sleeping!

First time putting on nail polish, and Geminia ended up drenching the sparkly pink liquid all over her bed sheets while Elina stained her shirt with her own glittery purple one.

Their mother yelled at them for a week for that.

And it was beautiful – having their second half beside every step they make towards life and having a shoulder to lean on; person who knew all the inside jokes and understood every reference.

It was having a sister – a person that knew Geminia in and out, through and through without even having to think about how she was feeling – and knowing that she was blessed with such an extraordinary sister always made her temper boil down during their tantrums and fights.

And it was Geminia's only wish – her heart's deepest desire – was to keep her sister – her twin sister – away from all things bad, and all intentions evil.

Too bad birthday candle wishes always dissolved into the air and shattered hopeful hearts.

☣☣☣