I began cooking everything and glanced behind to see what Shane is doing. He was just looking at his phone and watching something on T.V.

I don't know why, but everytime I looked at him, there was something about him that dragged me in. He intrigued me. I desperately wanted to know how. Maybe it was his beautiful brown hair? Was it his beautiful green-blue orbs? Nevertheless, I felt like he needed some kind of help; someone to guide him. He coniinued to look at his phone and he suddenly looked up. I spun around hoping he didn't see me staring at him. I bit my lip.

Then a weird smell caught my nose...

~Shane's POV~

What is this? Who's pushing me?

I felt a pairs of hands pushing my chest and a pair of feet kicking my legs. I try to keep my balance, but fail as I feel myself tumble off of something and before I knew it...

THUMP!

I hit my head and back against a hard surface.

What the hell?

I heard someone run towards me and kneel beside me as I feel the pain everywhere on my body.

"Oh my gosh Shane! Are you okay? I am so sorry." I immediately recognized that it was Joey's voice. I began to recall everything that happened the night before and how Joey found him on the bench and brought him here.

I figured I shouldn't just lay down here, so I sat up.

"Ow." The pain intensified when I sat up and I felt extra pain on the back of my head. I rubbed that spot in order to make it feel a bit better. It didn't really work. In fact, I think I just made it worse.

"Yeah I'm fine," I answered back. I looked at Joey and saw that he had a worried expression planted on his face. He was looking at the back of my head though.

He stood up and I thought he was going to walk away, but instead he extended his arm out and said, "Here Shane." Why is he offering me help? I am perfectly capable of standing up alone. After a few moments passed, I decided why not accept his help. He just wanted to be a good friend.

Friend.

If only I could add the word "boy" to the beginning. Everything would be perfect.

He lovingly led me back to the couch and sat me down.

He said, "Wait here," as he walked towards the kitchen. I obediently sat here while I thought about all the things Joey did since we met at the party.

When I snapped out of my daydreaming, Joey was already sitting next to me with an ice pack in his hand. He took it and put it against the bruise that formed on my head. I immediately flinched away and hissed. Geez, that hurts.

"It's okay. I'll do it," I told him. I casually reach out to try to grab the ice pack from his hand.

He brings it out of reach and shakes his head. "I'll do it." He says stubbornly.

I sigh internally and decide not to fight against him. I just sat there as I felt the bruise go down and the ice melting due to my body heat.

I felt the urge to ask this question.

I break the silence, "Joey?"

"Hm?" He responds back.

I turn my body so I can talk to Joey properly with eye contact and everything. I don't know if I should do this anymore.

"What is it?" Joey asked.

I don't know if I want to ask him. I'm scared what his answer is going to be and I don't know why. I hesitate before starting, "Why...why are you helping me so much?"

There was a pause and Joey began to answer. "Shane..."

But I didn't want to hear the rest, so I interrupted him, "Why? I don't understand. You could have just left me in the cold at the bench yesterday."

He continued to look at me. I waited for an answer, but he didn't say anything. I just rambled on, "Joey....I just never had someone that cared about me that much before..." I felt tears streaming down my face, and before I knew it Joey was holding me in his arms. I buried my face into his chest. I cried. I cried like a baby. It was pathetic and I wanted to stop, but the tears just kept coming and coming. I didn't even know why I was crying.

Joey began to rub my back and run his fingers through my hair. It was really soothing. After about 20 minutes, I stopped sniffling and my tears were drying up. I could stay like this forever. This moment was absolutely perfect.

I looked up at him and he looked down at me. I was getting lost in his green eyes and I felt butterflies in my stomach, but there was more than that...

GROAN

My stomach grumbled. I mentally scolded it, "Stomach! Why did you have to grumble now! You ruined everything."

Joey unwrapped his arms from around me. Aww...I want his arms around me forever.

He walked over to the kitchen. Minutes later, I heard sizzling and popping coming from the friyng pan Joey was leaning over. The smell of bacon filled up my nose.

"Mmmmm..." I silently savored the heavenly smell.

After watching Joey for a couple minutes, I began to get bored, so I grabbed the remote contol and turned a random show on. I grabbed my phone to check the messages I don't get and the notifications I don't get. I sighed.

I look back up and see Joey quickly turning back around towards the stove.

Sniff Sniff....

What is that smell??

______________

A/N: OMG I FINALLY GOT THIS DONE. I AM SO FREAKING TIRED. IT IS PAST MIDNIGHT BUT I REALLY WANTED TO UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS, SO I FINALLY DID IT (BLAME SCHOOL).

I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED IT

I CANT BELIEVE ITS BEEN OVER A MONTH. I DIDNT KNOW THAT TIME COULD GO BY SO QUICKLY. I PROMISE TO UPDATE SOONER.

TILL THEN, MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR.

GOODBYEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!