Chapter 15: Nowhere!

Start from the beginning

"But Kate...." awww... now what have you done Carr? I hope nothing stupid. "I left him... I just couldn't do it. So, I left him" she said. Oh fuck! I frowned at her expecting more information when she didn't speak any further. "I love him. And he doesn't have the same feelings. It was getting awkward. And I left. I mean how else do you think I should have reacted to that?" She asked. How else could she have reacted. Obviously! I thought thinking about the similar situation that I am in and nodded my head saying a 'yes' to her decision. What else could she have done?

I know something serious has happened. I mean she wasn't supposed to come back so early from Greece. "I know you're not telling me the entire thing, but it's ok. I can wait. Tell me some time later. But you are going to tell me" I warned her, and she nodded with a smile. But soon that vanished as we heard a commotion outside and the sound of few things falling and breaking.

Nicholas's POV

What's Caroline doing here?! Didn't I just talk to Daniel when Eve had gone to take a bath. Alex was here with the information regarding those guys following my Eve.
That's when Daniel called and told us that she confessed to him that she loves him... I still remember the conversation. That Asshole just went on and on about Melanie... my ex. Actually, his ex too. I mean our ex! He called Alex and thankfully I was there right next to him. It seems she said those three magical words and he hasn't talked to her since. I mean what the-! Shit! Is that why Caroline is here. Because he was being an ass to her?! Oh, I get it now! I need to call him right now!

Before I could find my cellphone, I heard loud banging on the door. What's with everyone banging the door today? Hello! There's a doorbell. It's so fu*king annoying I thought and opened the door. Little did I know that I'd be visited by a punch which made me fall on the floor. When I looked up at that familiar face, I was even more confused.

Daniel seemed furious for some reason. That was directed towards me. I have no fu*king idea why?!
Before he could kick me, I rolled on the floor and kicked his leg making him fall too. He then pushed me back and sat up on me punching on my face again. Damn! I'm trying to be easy with him cause he's my friend but he's not making it anymore easy.

We were still fighting, rolling over each other and throwing punches at each other when we heard a scream. The girls!

Caroline pulled him back and slapped him on the face. Woah! That was wow.

"Are you crazy?! Why are you hitting him? Look at his face... and look at your face. Idiot!" She scolded him, hitting his chest childishly.

Eve came and hugged my arm looking at my face pitifully. Is it looking that bad? Ugh!
Caroline pulled him onto the sofa as we sat opposite them. When I glared at him Eve tightened her hold around my hand. And I blinked my eyes letting her know I'm calm now.

That's when Daniel stood up and said "I want to have a talk with Nick..." both girls shouted 'No'

But I think I actually have the right to know why my best friend did what he just did. He looked guilty now though. We went to the same room which Eve and Caroline had occupied earlier.

"Actually.... uhm. Sorry" he said but I raised my eyebrows instead questioning him meaning that I understood nothing. "After I finished the call with you and Alex, I sneaked out of the house so that I could surprise Cara. But unfortunately, she was not at home. After tracing her call I got to know she is here. Oh! And I saw.... your car here as well" he paused for a bit seeing if I understood anything. So? So, what if my car is here?

"And what connection does this have with me. Or with you just storming in and hitting me straight?" I asked and waited for him to answer. Oh wait! Now I get it! "and you thought we both are here together?!" I asked and he nodded confirming my suspicions. "Don't worry..!! actually........ I have a thing going on with her best friend. I mean Kate." I said. Well that's the name by which he knows her, and I couldn't just face him right now. I've never hidden something from him or Alex.