Chapter 27: Mystical Tree

┍━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┑

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
Mystical Tree

┕━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┙

YELENA TAYLOR

Nagpatuloy ako sa paglalakad habang bitbit-bitbit si Plush. As went forward, the pathway seemed a lot brighter than it was before. Other than that, we still didn't encounter any monsters.

I was walking mindlessly, oblivious to the current time. My feet became numb from all the walking and running. My body started to become aware of weariness and the lack of sleep.

I heaved a sigh.

My body is not yet immuned to sleepless nights, unfortunately.

Napatigil ako ulit sa paglalakad nang makarinig ako ng mga yapak papunta sa direksyon namin ni Plush. She seemed to notice it as well and placed both of her hands on her eyes. Kinuha ko ang dagger na parati kong dala-dala kahit saan man ako magpunta. Walang pag-aalinlangan na tinapon ito sa direksyon niya.

He managed to dodge it without sweat and stepped out of the darkness, both hands on his pockets.

I gave him my disappointing look. "Oh, it's only you, Jerk Prince."

Sayang hindi siya natamaan.

Napabuntong-hininga siya nang makita niya ako at tinapon ulit sa akin ang dagger na tumama sa cave wall na malapit sa direksyon ko. It even took some strands of my hair as it passed through me.

Hunter mumbled. "Out of thirteen people, why does it have to be you?"

"You're not the only one who's feeling unlucky." Dahan-dahan kong binaba si Plush at sinubukang kunin ang aking dagger na naka-stuck sa cave wall. "And why did you threw the dagger back?"

"You threw it first."

"You're not just a jerk, but also a childish dolt alien who I have to handle."

I've tried to insult him with any names I could ever remember. Hindi ako sanay na makipag-insultuhan kaya wala akong masyadong alam na mga salita na pwedeng gamitin. Kaya sinabi ko lamang kung ano ang naisipan kong sabihin. Normally, I would just ignore people, but there's something about him that I can't help but reply.

"May I correct you, stupid witch, I'm the one who has to handle you. If you hate me that much, you should've picked other people to teach you. If it weren't for those stupid pictures, I would've cut all my ties with you."

I managed to get my dagger from being stuck and rolled my eyes at him. "Go ahead, you're insignificant in my life anyway."