Chapter 12: The Valerian Tower

┍━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┑

CHAPTER TWELVE
The Valerian Tower

┕━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┙

YELENA TAYLOR

We ran straight to the Valerian Tower the moment we saw a blue smoke covering it. Cyclone went forward and controlled the direction of the wind to clear up our way. Umubo si Gray at tinakpan ang kanyang ilong at bibig gamit ang kanyang kamay. "Cy-Cyclone!" Bumalik ulit ang usok sa paligid, kaya't tinulak ulit ito ni Cyclone gamit ang hangin. Umakyat kami sa taas at may nakitang isang scepter na nakalagay sa tuktok, napapaligiran ng mga usok.

"The smoke is making me dizzy for some reason!" sabi ni Claude.

Cyclone motioned his hand up and the smoke started to gather and formed a huge tornado. "Guard yourselves!" Then, the tornado grew larger, sucking every smoke all around the place, it grew larger and the wind forced us to move backward, destroying the ceiling of the tower until the tornado grew higher in the air before Cyclone made it vanish into the thin air.

Lumapit si Flint kay Cyclone at binatukan siya. "Sana kanina mo pa 'yon ginawa!"

Naglakad papalapit si Hunter sa scepter na nakalagay pa rin sa gitna, hindi ito tinablan nang kahit na malakas na hangin kanina. Dahan-dahan niya itong hinawakan at sinuri ang bawat bahagi nito. "Some parts of the scepter is broken."

"We have to find the root of this all, but where to start?" tanong ni Claude.

"Here. In the Valerian Tower." Lumingon si Hunter sa direksyon namin. "Did you find any information from the citizens?"

"It's hard to find crucial information as the people had no idea too. But they say, it all started last month, several days before Enchant Academy reopened for another school year. That day mysterious dots in the sky appeared to be pieces of a crystal. They thought it was stars, but the strange thing is that it was day and vanished for a few seconds. One more thing is that there's an earthquake that lasted for only a few hours and there was tremendous light in Valerian Tower. They investigated the tower after, but they found nothing. Then, continuous tragedies happened soon after," sabi ni North.

"We found information about mysterious wild creatures appearing out of nowhere. They say it always appears randomly every month and they could even barely protect themselves by the soldiers Fantasia sent. And about the Bertha Prison, someone did destroy it and made the prisoners escape a week ago," dagdag ni Claude.

Napabuntong-hininga si Hunter. "I see. That information is quite useful, it seems like we have to piece it ourselves and who's behind it." Naglakad siya papunta sa direksyon ko at huminto sa aking harapan. "Cyclone, Flint, and Claude stay here. North, get the log book that records about the people who visited Bertha. Then, Gray and Droy, investigate about the Cyclopes case. New student, come with me. I want to talk to you."

"We don't have anything to talk about."