Ride or Die; Literally

This story is mainly for Londoners or those that understand slang. Sorrrryyyyyyyy <3

We sat in the car and waited patiently. We had been there for sometime and were wondering when he'd come out.

"It is today, right?" I asked to confirm

"Yeah. It definitely is."

I looked in the rearview mirror and checked myself over again. 10 years he was in for but now he was out on parole. Imagine losing everything you had and being alone. I was eight years old when he went in and seeing as my mother left us and dad was no where to be seen, Isiah was all I had. He was my brother, my guardian and my friend. I had been living with a close friend and keeping my head down throughout the years. Apparently, I was on the streets looking through rubbish bins before my friends dad found me and took me in. Soon, life got difficult and people were after me because of the situation Isiah got himself in and I had no choice but to run away. I befriended Heidi and sooner or later I was living with her. I had to keep myself to myself and not reveal my identity. My mother named me Esther but I changed my name legally to Kyah (Kye-Ah).

"How you been Esther?"

"Wow, nobodies called me that in ages. I've been good."

"Been keeping your head down yeah?"

"Josh, I live in Luton now. What do you think?"

"I think someone hasn't lost that lip."

"Whatever."

I hated him. He caused so much problems and I was sure it was because of him that my brother went down. Isiah murdered someone, actual murder. Well, that's what the judge said but I didn't believe it. Isiah had gotten himself into a lot of trouble that year and had changed dramatically but he would have never have killed somebody. I was sure of that.

The horn beeped and I saw Isiah approaching the car quickly. He got in and sat in the back with me and we hugged. A tear rolled from my eye as we gripped onto each other.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered tearfully.

I cried on his shoulder and couldn't find the words to say to him. It felt like we were hugging for ages until we finally broke apart. We both laughed at each other, probably thinking the same thing. Probably thinking how much we had grown up. He was 17 when he went in and he was 27 now. You could only imagine how much he had changed.

"You look so old, Isiah!"

"Are you dumb! I look sexy!" He joked whilst touching up his thick beard. "You've grown though."

"I know, I was eight when you left!" I joked.

We both laughed nervously and Josh started driving.

"Where are you living now?" He asked.

"Luton."

"With who?"

"It's a long story. I'm living with my friend now."

"What did I always used to tell you Esther?"

"Don't trust anyone. I know, but trust me, Heidi's alright."

"Just be careful."

I felt anger pulsate through me. He had literally just been back for two seconds and was trying to dictate and tell me how to live when I was doing fine for ten years. Josh was really quiet and it was something out of the ordinary seeing as he could never shut up usually. Isiah had caught on to this also because he was watching him intensely, as if he was studying him or something.

"Yo Josh." Isiah said with a bit of uncertainty in his voice.

"Cool fam."

"You aint gonna say anything to your boy, nah?"