Chapter 2 The Rodeo

Chapter 2 The Rodeo 

As I slowly awake, I can't help but smile, because I'm snuggly wrapped up in my man's strong warm arms. The feeling of being completely safe washes over me. Keeping my eyes closed I can tell he is still sound asleep; his gentle breathing is an intoxicating rhythm, slow and steady. An incredible sense of peace filled my mind knowing he's relaxed and content here in my arms. I revel in the feeling of our bare, warm skin pressed together, his firm chiseled six-pack under my fingertips. My head was resting comfortably on his sexy chest listening to the soothing sound of his heartbeat. His wonderful manly scent filled my nose as I breathed in deep burying my face against his smooth skin.  

All I want is to lay here next to him forever. I'm so in love with every single part of him. I can only think that I will be with him forever, beyond forever. I don't know if I believe in past lives, reincarnation, or whatever you call it, but if there is such a thing, Dimitri and I have been together before. He is my eternal soul mate, my other half. I think that in any lifetime we would find each other. We belong together in this lifetime and the next.  

Glancing over at the brightly lit clock, I see it's time to get up. Today is the day we are going to the Rodeo. Dimitri doesn't have a clue where we're going yet, but I get the pleasure of telling him what to wear. Since he wears his cowboy boots a lot and he is always in jeans, he won't suspect a thing. It's too warm of a day for his duster, but we might be pretty late, so I stashed it in our over night bag. It's only supposed to be a day trip, but it's always good to be prepared, right? 

When we arrived at the tarmac, everyone was already waiting for us. I really tried hard not to be late today, but after Dimitri and I woke up properly, it was impossible to keep our hands off each other and I couldn't resist taking a shower with him. Obviously, we were just a tad busy.  

"Good of you to join us, little Dhampir." Adrian said dryly smirking at me. "I see you have had a good morning already;" winking at me he slipped on his sunglasses "My sunglasses are barely strong enough." 

With his keen spirit sense he can see my aura, it must be pretty bright. I am in an awesome mood after my eventful morning. I'm sure Dimitri's aura is shining like a fricken beakon; too, by the way Adrian is squinting at him. I laughed as Adrian scrunched up his face and put out his hand as if he was shielding his eyes from the sun. 

"Yes, Adrian, it has been a very fine morning," I said happily looking over at Dimitri with a big smile. Dimitri seemed pretty happy about our morning as well; he just gave me a brilliant smile, a sexy confident wink and a sweet little kiss as he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him. 

We all said our cordial greetings of good morning to each other. A quick survey of the all people around told me everyone is dressed about the same. I absently glanced down to see the gang was wearing the cowboy boots we acquired for the occasion. Dimitri seemed to be checking people out too. But he hasn't noticed the boots yet. That might give a clue. 

"Well people, we need to go if we want to get there on time." Lissa says in her queen voice. 

As we got comfortable in our seats Dimitri was holding his tongue, he wanted so badly to ask where we're going, but just bit back the words for a little while longer. As he looked around he was trying to deduce where, by doing his guardian thing, taking in all the evidence. He focused on something and he notice that Adrian was in jeans. He stared at him for a moment with narrowing eyes and pursed lips. Trying to hide my smile, I see him look at everyone again, hmm everyone's in jeans. I can almost read his mind, he's thinking "how weird Lissa and Adrian never dress so casual" I bit my bottom lip holding back the smirk. It's so cute, how he is working so hard to figure this out.