•Prologue•

I walked through the thick metal door, listening to the buzzing sounds as they closed behind me.

My first thought was that the sun must have somehow gotten brighter, my second was, I'm going to see Mac.

Pardoned.

The word rings in my ears like Christmas music playing gayly about town in the mid winter.

Free.

I couldn't wait to see my family, my brother, his newborn baby girl.

My life had begun again.

The only thing better than that is knowing that the next stop I'll be making is to wish my husband a happy two years.

I waited anxiously for Kaileys car to pull up, and when it did I ran to her.

I ran as fast as my short legs would carry me, I needed to go buy Mac a present.

*

I flipped off the bulky guard who was hovering by the front gate, flashing my teeth at him.

Everyone in this hell hole had managed to be a pain in my ass for two whole years.

Pardoned.

I had to ask them to repeat it at least twenty times to be sure I wasn't half deaf.

Free.

What a great feeling it was, and just in time to wish my beautiful bride a happy Anniversary.

Macey.

I couldn't wait to touch her again, to breathe in her scent.

I stuffed my hand in my pocket, being sure they had given back my wallet while I waited for Jordan.

I needed to buy Macey a gift.