"Uncle I want you to perform an exorcism on me", Max said clearing his throat.

"Why? We just met I don't want you to leave me just yet", Joe said his brows arched.

"Well I have been lurking this world for years now. I think it's time for me to go. If I would have found you earlier I would have made you do that long ago". I saw the desperation in Max's eyes and so did his uncle Joe.

Joe sighed, giving up."If that's what you want then okay, let me fetch my supplies", Joe started retreating to the basement door. But I stopped him.

"Wait-" I said, he stopped in his track and looked at me.

"Max you can't do it today- Audrey's birthday is in a few weeks, she would want you on her birthday. She- she has grown attached to you in these few days, you even know that. And you are thinking of leaving us- I mean her without a proper goodbye.", I reasoned tentatively hoping to explain my side of the argument.To be honest, I wasn't ready for it.

My eyes met Max's and I looked away.

"Yes Grace is right Joe. It would be convenient if you perform the exorcism later, I feel like- I am not quite ready yet either".

"Hmm", he nodded in agreement, "Then I will see you in a few days".

..................

"Can we stop here?"

"What, now?" I asked.

"Yeah..".

"Are you sure? We need to head back before-"

"Please Grace, just for some time", I stopped the car in front of what seemed to be a abandoned warehouse. Lately I have been going to a lot of shady places.

We both got out of the car. "Are you planning to murder me?"

He finally laughed, his eyes reflecting the rays of the sun, "No just follow me".

We took the path around the warehouse, it was a secluded land with lots of weeds and grass covering the area.

"Wow", I nodded appreciatively upon finally arriving at the place. It was a small lake with a makeshift wooden bridge across it. The sunlight upon the water made the lake look like a combination of white, blue and sea green, there were wild flowers everywhere.

"How do you know about this place?" I asked walking up the makeshift bridge with Max following me behind.

"I used to come here often when I got exhausted by this world".

"It's beautiful!", I exclaimed. We walked to the middle of the bridge. I leaned over the metal railing taking in the view.

"Grace?"

"Hmm"

"Do you think I took the right decision?"

The answer was at the tip of my tongue. It was no. I wanted him to stay.

"I don't know Max. Do you think you took the right decision?" I threw his question back at him.

"Neither do I Grace", he sighed observing the ducks swimming down the lake. "I always wanted this for the last ten years, only I couldn't because I couldn't afford to leave my baby sister Mia alone. I thought she needed to be protected and now- no matter how much I deny it- Mia is a grownup who can take care of herself. I don't have a purpose to stay here anymore.".

"Don't you want to find the person who- murdered you?"

"Yes I did once but honestly I don't care anymore. After ten years I have let that anger go".

"Then take your time, think about it. There is a lot of time left. Go talk to your uncle sometimes, you just met him today".

"Yeah. But I will miss you guys a lot though. I bet Audrey will miss me a lot, but I don't know about you", he said sardonically, smirking at me.

"Nope not at all", I said sarcastically returning him a smile.

"You are finally getting rid of me though".

"Yes, finally", I joked.

"Grace", I looked at him, "Thanks for enduring me and being a great friend. Honestly you guys are the best thing that has happened to me after I came to this world as a ghost", he kissed me on the forehead leaving me astonished, his emerald eyes gleaming under the sun.

..........................

Let me know your thoughts about this chapter. And I know its a little confusing but feel free to post your questions here.