14: Wedding Crashers

Thanks to inevitxble for the cover! Its beautiful!

.................

Chapter 14: Wedding Crashers 

"We have been driving for an hour? Where is it?" I complained.

"Patience woman! We are almost there. Just turn left"

I steered the wheel while taking in the surroundings. We were now in the suburban part of New York. The trees were a little greener and the serene surrounding was quite comforting. All these greenery was actually sort of calming my senses. You could actually hear the chirping of the birds and their melodious tunes. Once in a while a squirrel would pass and I would just stare at it in utter fascination. I was a city girl so sue me for not being acquainted with nature.

"And we are here" he confirmed.

I stopped my car with a dull rumble in front of the wedding venue. It was an outdoor wedding. I got off the car and straightened my dress. Casper got of the car as well but of course he took the easier route by penetrating through car.

"Okay how do I get rid of you?" I asked a little too eagerly.

"First take this", he handed me a card and something small wrapped in blue nylon. Upon close inspection I found out it was a necklace.

"Wow its beautiful" I said in awe as I checked out the piece of jewelry. I wasn't an expert in this stuff but from what I could assume it was a thin white gold chain with a tear shaped emerald pendant at the end. Simple yet stunning.

"Who is this for?" I asked staring intently at the necklace.

"It's for the bride- my sister" he answered happily with a sparkle in his eyes.

I tore my eyes away from the necklace. "We are attending your sister's wedding?" my tone amplified.

"Keep it down" he whispered looking annoyed. "Yes she's getting married today- I just wanted you here so that you can hand her this" he said gesturing to the necklace in my hand. He continued after clearing his throat. "I want you to give her the necklace personally and ask her about my uncle Joseph"

"Who's that?"

"Uncle Joe is also a medium. The special kind. He can help get rid of me. I promise." I was welcome by a small smile. There are 'special' mediums too?

I had yet to grasp another fact about the mysterious world of the dead. I had so many questions for him. There were a few questions already lingering at the back of my mind but now there were more. His life seemed quite intriguing. But instead I just said only one thing.

"Uhh-okay" I voiced my lame reply.

........................

We had finally sneaked into the wedding! Well not sneaked exactly. I just had to go into the hall with the flashy invitation card in my hand but honestly no one gave a fuck. I let out a huge sigh after that. The wedding was being held outdoors in front of a small old fashioned brick wall church. Everything was very simple and not too ostentatious. The entrance was decorated with pink orchids and white roses and the guests were greeted by the florid smell which was very refreshing. Little white benches were aligned and in between a white carpet led up to a small makeshift stage with a ornate archway. The archway was adorned with purple hydrangea and more white roses. At the corner was a little buffet with refreshments for the guests. There were family members everywhere making conversations and anticipating for the wedding to begin.

"Sir we have already ran out of cream rolls" a waiter hesitantly informed the chubby man dressed in a burgundy suit in front of me.

"What do you mean? The wedding hasn't even started yet" he shrieked.

"Uhh sir I don't know- it just-it just disappeared" the waiter stammered a reply not daring to look in the chubby man's direction.

"You must be kidding me! That's bullshit" He howled.

Food mysteriously disappearing, this could only be the work of one arrogant ghost I know..

"Miss me?" Speaking of the devil..

I looked around to see him smirking at me. He was dressed in a tux and a white dress shirt. His hair was disheveled as always. But he tried to brush it to the side which he totally failed to do, seeing that some of the hair was standing out from the sides. But it made him look good. I mean really good. He looked-excuse the bad pun- devilishly handsome.

"Like what you see" he said pleasingly gesturing towards him.

I tore my eyes away from his body and looked towards his face. "Umm how do you get to change outfits?" I exclaimed steering the conversation to another direction.

"It's simple. I just imagine myself in a clothing and next thing I know I am clad in that outfit. It's my sister's wedding so as a brother the least I can do is dress nicely".

"Oh" It's quite sad how a dead brother cannot be at his sister's wedding. I was actually feeling really bad for the ghost.

"So what's the plan?"

By now the plan was engraved in my brain as we had gone over it three times already. I said the whole thing by heart. He beamed at me like a proud school teacher.

"Great, good luck Grace!"

"That is the first time you called me by my name" I replied with a surprised tone. "You know I never got yours and I am pretty sure Casper isn't your name."

"No it isn't" he replied gallingly, after rolling his eyes at me. "Its Max. Maxson Allister."

..................

Finally you guys got to know Casper's name! 

Vote. Comment. Share.