9: Damn You Casper.

Chapter 9: Damn You Casper.

What did he just say?

"What did you just say?" I asked voicing out my thoughts.

"You heard it. Don't make me repeat that again", he grumbled looking everywhere but towards me.

I couldn't believe my ears but his solemn expression was saying me to. Casper wants me to stay here after all the tricks he has pulled up on me.

"But" he cried out lifting his finger in the air. "I have some conditions", he stated. I knew there was a catch to this.

"What?" I asked with a dubious expression on my face.

"No- it's actually for your own benefit", he spoke out seeing my expression. "You will help me find someone. He can help me get out of this world. Then you can have the place all to yourself".

"Okay but who?"

"You will get to know soon"- he floated towards me and I kept going back until I hit my back against the wall-"But you can't back off", he growled with a livid expression on his face.

He placed both of his hands on both of my sides encasing me and slowly bringing his face closer to mine which was still splattered with eggs.

"Or else you have to face consequences," he whispered bringing his mouth close to my ear and with that he disappeared into thin air leaving me all confused and agitated.

Damn you Casper.

.............

"Order for table number 6", Lisa said as she handed me a plate of sandwiches. I tentatively took it from her and rushed to the table. According to Lisa, so far I was doing great as of today I was supposed to sit back and learn by watching them. But I insisted on doing my orders as I didn't feel like sitting around for long. So far everything is going good. Though I was scared when Wednesday is going to come and I have to do those Hawaiian dances with a tribal mask on. Those girls didn't look very happy. Well I can't really tell with their tribal masks on.

"Grace?"

I turned around to see the source of the familiar voice and I was greeted by Sophie. Uh oh.

"Sophie, What are you doing here?" I asked awkwardly.

"Well I work here", she answered gesturing to her work outfit. "And so are you. Since when?" she answered looking at my outfit.

"I started today. So you are in New York now".

"Yes! I am attending college here".

"Glad to see familiar faces here. By the way love your hair". Sophie's bleached her shoulder length dirty blonde hair to grey ash blonde. Not only that she had rainbow highlights on it. I must say I loved her new look. Sophie was always really up for something new. I liked that about her.

"Thanks. So which University are you going to"

"Manor College"

"Me too! What are you majoring in?"

"Geography", I replied lamely.

"Ahh. I am majoring in Hotel Management".

"Hotel Management?" I asked scrunching my eyebrows together.

"I flipped a coin. Besides it needed the least credits", she shrugged.

I laughed at her response. Typical Sophie. She's still the same old feisty clueless girl! 

"So I will see you around then", she said before heading towards the kitchen.

Casey, Sophie and I were inseparable back in high school. But then some high school drama kicked in between Sophie and Casey and while Sophie changed schools (Not for the drama) and I was stuck with Casey. I never really asked what really happened between them. But now I was glad to see Sophie again.

Looks like I am not alone in this Big Apple after all.

..........................

A really short chapter but I hope you liked it! :)

Vote. Comment :)