Original Edition - Chapter 52: Sunshine

Start from the beginning

"I think the pull can cause us to do a lot of crazy things the longer we fight it," he clipped back.

Ethan snarled again and stepped closer. Evan, Ryder, and Jake all trotted forward and stopped to look at the scene along with other wolves in the area. Derek stood on the porch with a cold murderous glare that sent chills down my spine. Even from here I could see the vampire's fangs poking out of his lips.

"Watch your step boy, you don't want to do this with me," he hissed out.

"Watch my step? My mate was almost killed in her own home and you think she did it to herself?" he snarled out as the energy from his veins crackled. "You're going to do nothing again? Rogues Thomas, does that word not mean anything to you anymore!?"

My beast let out a growl of approval. She was proud of our male. Our male who was started to take the right steps forward.

Thomas snarled some more and looked back at Evan on the porch then back to Ethan. "I lost family too that day Ethan. My hate for them is just as strong as yours, but I won't have you sending the pack into a frenzy over some fairy tale! You need to just mark her boy and set her mind right."

Ethan snarled back more viscously while my wolf let out a sharp growl of her own. It pained my chest as she lashed out, but I couldn't blame her. We may want Ethan, and we were pretty confident that we would eventually let Ethan have our neck, but it would be on our terms when we ready. That and my beast didn't like the male that dare insult us; that used the pull as a petty excuse to weasel his way out of this one.

"Her mind is right. Her mind is damn perfect if you ask me. Her mind is one of the things I love most about her–" he paused while I felt my heart swell as the pull swirled with tendrils of joy. "There were rogues in that damn house and we are stupid if we just do nothing Thomas."

Thomas snarled again and looked back at me. "I don't want you wasting resources on this Ethan."

"She's my mate I'm not going to ask for your permission to look into it," he bit out. I felt my wolf swirl with more approval as the energy coming off of him popped like firecrackers.

Thomas raised his brows and stepped forward a bit. "You challenging me Ethan?"

"I'm telling you that I'm not going to let whoever did this to her get away with it."

Elliot tightened his arms around me as Derek started to casually walk forward. Sam and Martin were watching along with Billy and Andrea who just trotted up, sweating a glistening from what I assumed was a hard training session.

"Fine," Thomas clipped. "But I don't want anyone but you and Evan on it. We have too much other shit to deal with then this bullshit."

Ethan let out a rumble as the hair on the back of his neck raised slightly. He let out a tense breath then nodded to Thomas who flickered his eyes to me again before turning on his heel and storming off.

My wolf stirred. While she was happy to see our male push a bit harder, she didn't like him leaving things like that. She didn't like the way the alpha ordered our mate around and accused us of what we knew was disgustingly false.

We didn't like it probably because we knew what was true now. We know what our mate needed to do but the idea in itself was not something that was just easy to do.

"Ethan," Elliot called out calmly. Ethan tensed and let out along breath before turning to look at Elliot. "I'm going to take her to your cabin, the pack doctor is here. We need to get her patched up."

Ethan tensely nodded before walking over to me and kissing my forehead. "I won't be long behind you."

I nodded as Elliot started to walk toward Samantha who gave me a sympathetic smile next to Martin. "Elliot," Derek called out.