Original Edition - Chapter 52: Sunshine

Mulai dari awal

"Ethan!" Thomas yelled out. "Oh my God, Thorne." He looked down at me then at Ethan who tightened his grip on me as his blood began to hum a hair louder. Thomas looked back at my cabin that Ryder, Jake, and Evan were searching around liked crazed animals then at us. "What the hell?! What happened?"

"Rogues," I whispered out. "Four of them."

Thomas raised his brows then marched in the house. Ethan tightened his grip on me while the fire in his veins started to simmer some more, licking at me and calming my whimpers.

"Ethan," Elliot said gently. Ethan turned around to my vampires. Derek saw me and snarled violently then zipped into the house. Elliot clenched his jaw and pushed back his brewing anger. I heard a door open; Thomas was walking back in irritated angry steps. Elliot flickered his eyes to Thomas then to me. "Ethan," he said gently as he held his arms out.

Ethan turned his head to look at Thomas; his chest vibrated a bit before he turned back to Elliot. He walked forwards and handed me as carefully as he could to Elliot; my beast whined. She wanted our male, she wanted to be back in the arms of our male.

Elliot pulled me to him then nodded to Ethan. "You need to handle this. You know what needs to be done," he hissed out.

Ethan clenched his jaw then turned back to Thomas. Thomas pulled at his hair then threw his hands up. "Where are they, Ethan? Where are the rogues? There's not a damn trail in there."

Ethan rumbled a bit and stepped closer to him. "Do you not see her? Do you think that just happened?" his voice was harsh and full of an authority that seemed to take Thomas aback.

Thomas flickered his eyes to me and shook his head. "I see her Ethan, I see her real well. Listen, there's just her blood in there and a torn up kitchen. There's no damn trail! There's barely even footprints outside the house, and most of them are yours!"

"Thomas she said she ripped at one of their throat's. There has to be blood in there, that's not a clean bite." Ethan was humming some more. He was fighting with himself. I didn't have to look at him, I could feel it. I could feel the fear fighting with the beast.

Thomas sighed and looked back at the house sardonically. "Wait here."

He walked back in the house before he yelled out to Ryder, who stopped sniffing in his spot before he ran through the front door that Thomas was holding open. Elliot turned so we could see; Ryder was going nuts in the house. His nose was on the floor like white on rice and his eyes seemed frantic. He was gone for at least fifteen minutes while Ethan paced back and forth impatiently, snarling every now and then.

More wolves had gathered and in the distance, I could make out Martin and pixie brunette walking quickly with him with a bag in her arms. Ethan looked up at the crowd and snarled again. They all scattered to their house, but that didn't stop them. Many of them just went into neighbors homes and looked through the windows.

I snarled. People always love to watch and whisper but they never want to help. They never want to come our of their home and say 'enough.' I wondered if anyone saw what happened at all. There were a few other houses besides Ethan's and Andrea's that were around, maybe they saw something?

Thomas started to walk back to us. His chest was rumbling and his were livid. "There isn't a damn thing in there Ethan. Not a damn thing."

"That doesn't mean that it didn't happen," Ethan bit back.

"You sure about that? You sure the pull isn't driving Thorne a little crazy?"

Another snarl ripped out through Ethan's chest as his blood hummed louder. Thomas returned on that was full of displeasure and annoyance. "You're saying she made this up?! Are you out of your damn mind Thomas?! Just look at her! Do you think she really did that to herself?!"