Four

Lottie began to feel more comfortable around these three boys: JC, Connor, Ricky.

She liked each boy for something different, it seemed. Ricky, he had some kind of humor that Lottie didn't seem to really understand, but it made it funnier to her. At one point, they were sitting around the living room, discussing who else lived in the home, Ricky disappeared, returning with wigs. As to why, Lottie still couldn't figure that out yet.

JC was one of the sweetest guys that she has met. He was super laid back and chill, something that Lottie never was and she figured that if she hung around him enough, she could pick up on his life style.

Connor. Connor was one she still couldn't grasp. He seemed to always be smiling, his perfectly, straight, white, teeth would show and it made Lottie smile. How he would rest his thumb under his front teeth slightly when he wasn't talking but listening. But the thing that she liked most about Connor was his eyes. They seemed to shine with a light that Lottie never recognized.

She knew why she never recognized that light though, everyone she has been around has had that light at one point, but it slowly dimmed the closer they grew. Soon, that person would get hurt, or Lottie would get hurt.

Lottie watched as Connor talked, smiling and laughing as he told a story that she wasn't paying attention to. She was looking at his eyes. She realized, that light would disappear the closer she got.

The closer she got to JC, Ricky, the light would disappear in all of their eyes.

Suddenly, Lottie got really scared. Her heart seemed to pound in her chest. Watching the boys laugh, smiled and joke around, she knew she didn't want to take that away from them.

"I-I-I have to go." Lottie stood from her chair, searching the room for her car keys.

"Where?" She heard Ricky ask from behind her as she searched the chair cushions to see if they fell in.

"It's only two," JC added.

"Don't you want to meet Kian?" Connor asked and she heard someone stand.

"Um," Lottie turned to them with a fake smile, hoping that the boys wouldn't notice her sudden change in mood. "I do, but maybe some other time, okay?" She cocked her head slightly to the side.

"Oh...Kay?" Connor mumbled.

From the corner of her eye she could see her keys resting on the counter and she made her way towards them, sweeping them into her hand. Walking backwards towards the door, she called out. "Ricky, you have my number. Alright, bye." She turned swiftly in front of the door, only to be knocked back by the force of it opening. "Oomph" she groaned as she fell onto her butt.

A boys head popped out from behind the door and at her, "oh my god," he exclaimed, stepping in and shutting the door, helping Lottie up. "I'm sorry!"

"No, I'm sorry." Lottie whispered, wiping off the back of her pants and rolling out her wrists.

"Are you okay?" He asked, placing a firm grip on her shoulders, like she would fall over any minute.

Connor was at his side in seconds, eyes wide and that spark not fully in his eyes any more.

It's starting, Lottie thought to herself. She's going to hurt him.

"I'm fine," Lottie nodded. "I'm going to go now."

Lottie stepped around them and opened the door again, stepping out and being followed by Connor. "Hey, Lottie. Wait."

Lottie stopped and turned slowly around to face him. "Yeah?"