34.

Harry's POV

I stared at the sleeping figure next to me, not understanding how one person could be so beautiful. I was surprised to know that he had feelings for me. I assumed that he had kissed me  because he was confused. I had been showing him a lot of affection which lead him to feel the need to return the favour in some way. 

The thought of him kissing me for no reason other than because he returned my feelings was surreal, because people like Niall shouldn't like people like me. 

He was an example of everything that was right in the world. He had his flaws but he was overall an extremely good person whose heart was in the right place. In contrast, I didn't deserve him. I did horrible things, hurt people just because I thought that I was better than them. 

Niall didn't belong with me. 

However, I had changed. Maybe the shit I had done in the past was bordering unforgivable, Niall had forgiven me and I was now trying to be a better person. Regardless of everything I had done, I was going to protect Niall, care about him in the way that a boyfriend should. 

I couldn't help but grin. The thought of finally being able to call Niall my boyfriend felt amazing. He was finally mine.

~

I woke up the next morning, the smile still on my face. Niall was still asleep beside me, looking so beautifully peaceful that I found it hard to remember a time when I wasn't completely entranced at the sight of him.

I leaned down and softly kissed him, which caused him to let out a small groan, his eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Morning, baby," I said softly.

"Morning," he replied, his accent thicker than what it usually was.

I kissed him again softly, smiling against his lips. I rubbed my hand on his waist, knowing that it was one of the only places that hadn't been bruised.

He pulled away, smiling as he looked up at me with a rather red face.

"A-as much as I would love to just keep kissing you, we need to get up," he said, sitting up.

I groaned, half tempted to pull him back down but I knew that he was right. That, and I would never hear the end of it if I caused him to be late.

"You can shower here, I'll go in the guest bathroom. There's a spare toothbrush in the top drawer, okay?" I asked him, making him nod.

"Okay, babe," he said.

I blushed a little at the nickname. I had been called babe by many people in my life but no one had managed to make me blush. Not until Niall.

"F-feels nice, doesn't it?" he grinned, eyes running over the obvious pink tint on my face.

"Hm, bet I don't look nearly as adorable as you do," I grinned, causing him to flush pink as well.

"Fuck you," he murmured.

"I'm sorry," I said, my grin not fading.

He shoved my chest gently, rolling his eyes.

"You can wear some of my clothes," I called to him as I opened the door.

"Alright," he replied as I exited the room.

I headed down the hall, stopping when I saw mum leave her room.

"Morning, mum," I said quietly, not wanting to wake up Gemma.

"Morning, Harry. Is someone here?" she asked.

"Yeah, um. It's Niall. Something happened to him last night. I don't think he's comfortable with me sharing it but there is something I should tell you," I murmured hesitantly.