Chapter XIII: Conflicts

I think I'm going to faint. I positively know I will faint. Oh my God. No... not now. Not now.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Megha! Megha! Wake up." 

  What? I want to sleep. Shoo...shush... 

 "Megha? God. Someone call the doctor! She's murmuring... Can anyone get me a glass of water?" 

  Why doesn't anyone let me sleep at all? 

"MEGHA! Wake up!"

A scream pierces my ears and jolts me back to planet earth. 

 "AAAH!! What is happening? Am I drowning? What happened?" I see hazy images of a crowd of people near me, supporting me on my shoulders. I am drenched with water spilled across my face and tee, and I wonder what happened.

Oh. Kabir. Oh no. I have to get u-

"Sit down right here. Megha? Are you able to hear me?" Someone shakes my arm violently. "Yeah, I can hear you. I need to get up. Please. I have to go-" Kabir. Kabir. Kabir.

 "I'm sorry ma'am, but you can't go anywhere really right now. Your blood pressure is really low and it seems you haven't had breakfast. We need to give you a shot of glucose and wait for a while before I can really let you up." A man in a white coat murmurs to me while he removes the Velcro strap attached to my hand, measuring my BP.

"Why haven't you had breakfast, may I know?" A commanding voice makes my skin turn rapt with attention. I look at the source of the voice and I'm dazed.

A man in about his mid-20's, with his hair gelled back and a navy blue suit donning his shaped physique peers down authoritatively at me, hands crossed over his torso. He has a familiarly distinct jaw and something tells me that I know him. My vision clears and... Vikram Singhania. How... Why does he look so different?

"Vikr- Is that you?" 

 "Everyone. Clear off. I need to talk to Miss Megha alone." He looks at the doctor, his eyes staring at him impassively, questioning his presence. "You too doc." 

The doctor hands me a glass of glucose and packs his suitcase in the sleaziest possible manner before he gets up and saunters away. After the doctor has shot away from view, he looks down at me and smiles, his face breaking into the face I am more familiar with. He sits down beside me, and holds my hand. 

"Why didn't you have breakfast and why do you look like a Panda?" 

 "I look like a panda!?" I rub my face in circles, wiping off the water from around my eyes. 

"Does it look okay now?" 

 "You haven't slept, have you? And now you look more like a panda because you've made your eyes black with the smudged kajal or whatever you girls put."

 He starts laughing and I turn red in embarrassment. I whip out my cell and turn on the face camera. And sure enough, I look like a vampire, with my liner smudged down my cheeks. Nowhere near a panda, but still. Vikram hands me a handkerchief and I accept it graciously, rubbing my face violently with the cloth. "Is it okay now? God. I'm such a mess. This was supposed to be the best day-" 

 "Shush..." Vikram places his finger on my lips halting my monologue and leans closer to me. There is just about two inches left between our faces and I close my eyes, waiting for the touch and fireworks. And it comes. But the touch of his finger swiping over the side of my lip, enticing my skin with its trace. My eyes fly open.

What? Wasn't he supposed to kiss me?

"You had a little... um... lipstick right there." He smiles coyly at me.

Yes. You had to do this to me. Why not. I could dance naked and this guy would have told me that I had a nude dress on.

"Now get up, it's already 1:15... We need to wrap this up by four." 

 "Why do you look so different? I couldn't almost recognize you." "This is my media appearance. I have to look the way they usually see me as. How you have seen me mostly is with my Yankees cap on. Or when I wear no makeup."

Now it's a really difficult task for me to not laugh at him when he mentions makeup. I mean, how many men would do that at all? 'Hey there! I am Macho Man Ultimate and I put makeup on when I go for public appearances' Hardy har-har! And I sprawl on the floor laughing.

Vikram looks at me with a very visible 'please stop laughing on my vanity' look and it makes me laugh more. After a few minutes, I do stop laughing, only to start off again and Vikram starts his authoritative tone. "Now will you get up? We have a shoot to finish."

I compose myself and manage a straight face, "Yeah. Okay. Give me a minute. I'll be right there." I scramble up to my feet and move towards the washroom. In the mirror before me, I see a girl conflicted within herself, agony showing on her face. When I fainted, Kabir was there beside me saying something to me. And then he disappeared. I am not entirely sure if it was a dream or Kabir really did come. But then my mobile rings from within my jean's pocket. I pick it up and see an unknown number calling me.

 Cautiously I raise it to my ear, "Hello?" 

 "Megha? It's Kabir. Don't freak out okay?" 

 "Kabir? Were you here with me? Today?" 

 "Yes. I didn't know you would faint... earlier." 

 There is an uncomfortable pause that passes over us.

"Why did you leave suddenly?"

 "I didn't want to see anyone else except you. And I still have something left to say. Although right now I'm at the airport and my flight will be leaving in 15 minutes. I'll come back and talk to you. Okay?" 

 "Okay." 

 "And Megha? Best of luck." 

 "Take care Kabir." 

"I will."

Kabir hangs up on me.

"I knew you loved me, Megha. I knew."

That is all I can hear and I can't imagine he would keep such... 

A/N : Hi Guys!!!!!!! This is just a filler chapter only because I JUST CAN'T BE EXCITED ENOUGH TODAY. My book crossed 500 reads and... I know it isn't THAT much.. But these little things make me so happpppppppppyyyyyyy!!! So enjoy this little update and keep  reading. :)

Love YOU ALL A LOTT

Sophie