Chapter 3

It's a cliché thing, to meet your soulmate in New York City. It's almost the perfect dream. I've always fantasized about this city. Completely engulfed in the idea of this city and now when I'm finally here it feels like anything is possible. I fell deeply in love with this city and it's people.

Somewhere along my endless reverie of this city, the idea of meeting her here just planted itself in my mind and every day I watered it as I daydreamed about this city. I romanticised everything about this city and I couldn't believe my luck when I met her.

You see the ideas that manifested in my head were beyond my expectations and when she came along it was as though the visions in my head came to life and I swear in that moment I was living.

The question is, will it last? It's absurd to think that in one week I have to fall in love with my soulmate. If not, I'll never see her again. What if we weren't meant to be?

Whoever created this 'fall in love with your soulmate in one week thing' and applied it to humans makes me want to scream at them.

I pushed those thoughts away and I grabbed my jacket while heading towards the door. I couldn't let those thoughts ruin what we are becoming. We exchanged numbers last night and it made a small smile tug at the corner of my lips.

I dialed her number nervously. For some reason my hands were clammy and my heart was just beating erratically. "Hey!" I heard her greet from the other side of the line. I greeted back with the same amount of enthusiasm. "Want to know a random fact? I'm sure you do. DID YOU KNOW KOALAS SLEEP UP TO 22 HOURS A DAY?" she replied. "Where do I sign up to be a koala?" I asked. "I already applied but the acceptance letter didn't come through. Maybe it's because I can't climb a tree." She replied with a serious tone. I chuckled at her response.

"Hey, do you want to go for lunch?" I asked. "Sure!" she answered. "Great! Let's meet up at Central Park?" I excitedly replied. "I'll see you at noon! Be there or be square. Get it? Because you're not a round." She joked. "Ha ha ha very funny." I mused while a grin plastered itself on my face. Such a dork.

"See you then Pretty Eyes." I replied and we both hung up. A warm feeling was spreading throughout my body and it was electrifying.

I zipped up my coat and took my backpack along with me as I head out the door. I exhaled a deep breath. Maybe falling in love wouldn't be so hard after all.

I had an idea for this lunch date but first I need to get some food. Number one priority.

I set out to order some pizza from the pizzeria nearby then I proceeded to get some drinks and some extra snacks. I checked my watch and I panicked a little because it was already 12:07 p.m.

"Oh crap." I muttered to myself. I ran to the park while being careful not to get hit by car or drop the pizza box that I was holding. I reached the place where we were supposed to meet up and to my surprise she wasn't there.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. I looked around but I couldn't see her anywhere. Had she forgotten? Maybe she got stuck in traffic or got lost?

I felt a tap on my arm, startled by the contact I immediately turned around. I wasn't expecting to see a little girl in mint coloured jacket and pink earmuffs looking up at me. "Hello, nice to meet you." I bent down to greet the little human. She waved excitedly and smiled back at me cutely. From the corner of my eye, I could see an older lady looking at her whom I'd assume is her mother because no kid should be wandering around the streets of New York City alone during lunch hour.

"A pweety lady came by just now to tell me to give you this flower." She said adorably while unable to pronounce the letter R correctly which just adds to the cuteness. The little girl revealed a flower from behind her back and handed it to me.

I took the flower from her with a warm smile. "Thank you, little human. What's your name?" I asked. "Camilla." She replied with her toothy grin. I ruffled her hair and smiled back at her in response. "Thanks for the flower again Camilla." I thanked the little human once again.

She walked back to her mother and they both held hands while smiling in my direction. I waved back at the little girl as they walked away.

A warm feeling erupted as I looked at the flower. A moment later my phone buzzed my front pocket. I placed the flower on the pizza box as I checked my messages.

Pretty Eyes : Did you get my flower?

Me: Yeah, I did. It was a lovely surprise.

Pretty Eyes : I don't know why but white daisies reminded me of you.

Me: They're my favourite kind of flowers.

Pretty Eyes : I'm really glad you liked them.

Pretty Eyes : Turn around.

There she was, grinning a few feet in front of me, waving in a childlike manner. I couldn't help but return the smile.

Time just slowed down for a moment as I watched her walk towards me. The people walking past me seemed like a blur because there was only one person who was the centre of my focus. A picture perfect moment. Then, time resumed back to it's own pace.

"Thank god you brought pizza." She said enthusiastically. "Well hello to you too." I mused. "I might have heard you mention about it being your favourite food once or twice." I answered. "Let's pick a spot in the park to sit." She giddily replied.

We found a spot right away and began eating. We talked as we munched on our food without a care in the world.

After eating, I plugged in my earphones and handed one ear piece to her and we just laid down on the grass and looked upwards to the clear sky. I pressed play and time stood still once again. The soft music became the soundtrack to our world. There wasn't an awkward need to fill the silence because we both felt comfortable in it, just enjoying each other's company and that was enough.

Maybe love is just meant to be this simple. I know it's too soon to be in love and I know we're not there yet but this feels right. 

We made eye contact and the corner of her eyes curved upwards as her lips turned into a warm smile. Her eyes had this light in them. It wasn't the colour that drew me in, but it was as though I were looking into her childlike soul that was smiling back at me. I look back at her and I swear in that moment, she could see mine too. 

A/N : Well here it is after 9 months. And if you were wondering, no I did not give birth to a child. Baa-dum-tsst. This story isn't going to be continuously updated on a weekly or monthly basis because this is something I do when I feel like it during my free time (which I am being robbed of due to school.) I'd like to thank you, the readers, for voting, commenting and putting this story into your reading lists. I do really appreciate it. I didn't think anyone would like this story lmao but I'm glad some of you do. This story will be a progression of my writing skills which I hope will get better from time to time. 

Thank you for reading and have a nice day!