Chapter 1

I sat on a wooden bench in Central Park with a cup of lukewarm plain black coffee in my hand and questions running in circles around my thoughts. It was lightly snowing and sort of quiet if you can ignore the constant buzz of the city around the park. I faced the frozen lake in front of me. My gaze wasn't focusing on anything in particular so I let my thoughts occupy the seat beside me in hopes of feeling a little less lonely but it was soon replaced by a figure. From the corner of my right eye, I saw a girl not much older than me with long dark brown hair framing her face.

I took small sips of my coffee while I shared this comfortable silence with a stranger who I would most probably never see again. I took notice of her for some reason and this stranger has successfully invaded my thoughts. She must've noticed my staring because she turned towards me and raised an eyebrow at my direction.

I choked on my coffee and started coughing loudly, mainly because I was embarrassed at the same time really awkward. The stranger beside me seemed to had the time of her life as she laughed till her pretty face turned an adorable shade of red. I couldn't help but laugh along with her. Ladies and gentlemen, I have conquered the art of coughing and laughing simultaneously, at the expense of embarrassing myself in front of an attractive stranger. Story of my life everyone.

Once we've both finally calmed down, our cheeks were flushed pink and the corners of our lips tugged into contagious grins. "You might want to wipe that off your chin." She giggled.

I would bet a hundred dollars my face looks like an inflated red balloon right now with coffee dripping down onto my clothes. She graciously offered me a tissue and I sheepishly took it while thanking her not so graciously.

"What's your name?" I asked. There was something about her that seemed rather intriguing and being the ever curious person I am I tried to start a conversation.

"That's a rather complicated answer you see. I am who you want me to be. My favourite poet once said we don't see things as they are; we see them as we are." She replied while tapping her finger on her chin. I pondered on her response and lightly shrugged.

"I'm just going to call you Pretty Eyes if that's alright?" I replied. It took me a moment to register I've just subtly flirted with her and I have to resist the urge to hit myself in the head but never in my life has someone answered a simple question the way she did.

"Works for me." She shrugged. Something in my heart was tugged.

We talked for ages it seemed. It was merely getting to know each other and already something is tugging at my sleeve telling me this is something different. My arse feels like it's stuck to the bench and my nose feels like it's about to fall off from the cold but I can't stop talking to this fascinating wonder of a human being. It's cliché to say the least but it feels like the universe had stopped for a moment in time because this feels like something falling into place.

I looked at my watch and immediately stood up. My companion stood up too with puzzled and alarmed eyes. "Come with me." I said with excitement lacing my voice. "Why? What's goin-"she began to question my behaviour but I wouldn't let her finish her questions and merely a moment later we were running through the busy streets of New York City with my hand in hers. I ran a few blocks from where we started and made a left turn at Fifth Avenue. After running up a flight of stairs to the highest floor which was probably about twelve stories high, I opened a door leading towards a rooftop. We both were panting heavily and our hearts were beating wildly but the view from up here was definitely worth it. The look on her face was too.

I checked my watch again and glanced over to my companion only to find myself feeling something familiar. Her eyes were breathing in the view in front of her; the look on her face told me everything I needed to know. I just knowingly smiled at her.

Exactly at 7:09 p.m. every day, the sun began to set, painting the sky with mixes of bright and soft hues before the city lights came to life. I've always wanted to witness the beauty of this with someone but no one felt right until I met her.

We watched the sky kiss the sun goodnight and the stars peek out from the darkening sky to accompany the moon. We stood there with our elbows leaning onto the red bricked parapet. "I've always wanted to do this with someone." I randomly spoke aloud.

She turned to me and asked "Why me?"

I simply just smiled and replied "It's a rather complicated answer you see. The world I wanted to see is staring right in front of me."

She realized something clicked. The corner of her lips tugged into a gentle smile as we watch life unfold before our very eyes.

"Meet me here at 7:00 a.m. in the morning tomorrow." I said with a soft smile before walking away.

A/N : Hope you like it so far :) See you soon. I hope. Maybe. Idk. Bye.