Chapter 1: Fresh Start

Destiny's POV

Ring Ring Ring. My phone started going off. 

"Hello" I said answering it. 

"Hey hunnyy, how you been" My Aunt asked. Her voice was so high pitched. She was Chinese. My moms side of the family was Chinese. My dads side is Black. 

"I'm doing okay. I'm at the train station. I'm about to head over." I said.

"Okay hun. I can't wait to see you. Your room is huge! Your gona luv i--" 

I interrupted her. "Aunt ti ti. I got to go now"

"Uggg Okay" She hung up. I wasn't even nervous to move. I'm a baller. I knew I could do it.

__________________________ (New Orleans)

When I got off the train  my cousin Alexis was standing there waiting for me. "Ahhhhhhh!" I screamed as I ran and jumped on her. 

"I'm missed you to gurl" She said. 

"Yeah yeah yeah, Let's get this stuff in the car. I'm hungry" We put my suit cases in the trunk of the car. After that we drove to some little restaurant. We sat down. 

"uggg i'm starving." Alexis said looking at the menu.

"Me too gurl, I feel you on that one." I said laughing. 

We told the waitress our order and she brought us our drinks. We were talking and laughing and carrying on when these two guy walked over.

"Sup ma" One of them said to alexis. 

"Hey Chris...." She said ignoring him a little.

One of the guys were fine! He was tall, lightskin, had dimple, and he was tatted! AWH LAWD! He kept staring at me. I looked at him. He smiled and winked at me. Right then and there I knew he was a player. Oh god. After a while we went home. When I walked inside I immediately threw my suit cases on my bed. I greeted my Aunt and went to sleep. I was so tired. And besides I had to get some sleep for school tomorrow.

__________________NEXT DAY

I was woke up by Alexis shaking me. "Get up!!!!" I opened my eyes.

"Get off of me right now!" I spatted

She got up. "Ight, now get ready for school. And do sum thing with that head of yours. You look a mess." We were always grumpy when we first woke up. We always have been our whole life. 

I got up and put on a long sleeve white shirt., Purple skinny jeans, and my grape 5 jays. I curled my hair and washed my face. I brushed my teeth and went downstairs to wait for  Alexis. About 10mins later she came down stairs. 

"You ready?" She said grabbing her keys. 

"Yeah" I grabbed my badg and headed out the door. 

_______________________ At School

We got out the car and started walking towards the entance.

"Hey lexi" Chris put his arms around Lexi's waist. 

"Hey chris. " She said

I put my earphones in and started listening to music. I walked to my locker leaving Lexi and Chris. They were boring. I opened my locker while humming to my music. I took off my coat and tried to hang it up on the hook but I couldn't reach. I sighed. 

"Need some help ma?'' 

I  looked over and saw that guy from yesterday. "Umm yeah, Please" I said. 

He grabbed my coat and hung it up. "I never caught your name yesterday...." He said looking at me.

"Destiny.... And you are?" 

"August." He smiled.

I nodded. "Ight well See you later cutie." I pinched his cheek and walked away. I knew he was a player. I... was gonna make sure he didn't play me.