The Whole Story

'Take a deep breath'

'Tell the truth'

'Don't let go'

"Cierra was ten..." I whispered. "We were in Lincoln. I was playing with her and she was acting like her normal self." Rick nodded.

"I went to go get dolls from her closet." I paused, hating what happened next. "It took about ten minutes to gather all of the dolls. When I came out... There she was... Infected..." I closed my eyes as I pictured her drooping  body.

"I remembered the gun my dad had given me when this all started happening. I freaked out and grabbed it. I was so scared that a pulled the trigger, when I didn't even want to be carrying the blasted thing."

"That's one." Rick said.

"Patrick..." I said really tearing up. He had been my boyfriend before all of this shit. "He was my boyfriend." I saw Chandler tense when I said 'boyfriend'.

"He told me as soon as it happened." I wiped my tears. "I stayed by his side for three days." I got angry. "Three days I sat and watched my boyfriend die!" I yelled, I got so angry. "Three days I sat in agony, because I knew what would become of him and what I'd have to do." I said softer, but still loud.

"It was a Thursday, when he died and came back." I said. "I again freaked out." I blurted. "My dad didn't get to explain to me why 'I had' to kill them. I didn't understand why this was all happening." I said. "But now I do."

"That's two." Rick said.

"We know how to count." Chandler mumbled in my defense.

"My dad..." I whispered. "We were walking back to Nebraska, after being in Savanah for the longest time. We were there to find shelter. We left our family to find a safe place to bring them back to." I said. "He just got so sick. He was getting so weak." I said softly. "He collapsed in the middle of the road, in front of a town called Woodburry." I said, they all looked at eachother. "I shot him, so he wouldn't come back. They always come back. I couldn't handle it if he did, so I did it before he could." I said.

"Three." Rick said.

"Then I met a girl named Molly." I said, forgetting Rick knew her. "She killed a man named Earl." I continued. "Allison was after her and then Chandler." I said looking at him and smiling. "And now I'm here." I finished.

"MOLLY?!" Rick yelled, standing up so abruptly, his chair fell over.