Chapter Four

DAYS LATER
NEW YORK

Jessica's eyes widen as she looks out the passenger window of Jen's car. The lights of the city glowed as an inviting gesture, it was almost as if it were still day outside instead of night. People crowded the streets, even though they weren't driving down Times Square, and there were still vendors at every corner. 

"It's beautiful." Katie, with sleep still laced in her voice, mutters. Jessica chuckles as the sound of Katie falling back down in the back seat momentarily distracts her from the scene outside. Jen smiles as she pulls the car over to the side of the road, right in front of one of the nicest looking apartment buildings around.

"We're living in the Dakota?" Jessica questions while furrowing her eyebrows. "The ones with all the celebrities?" 

"Yup, I got a really nice four bedroom apartment

"Yup, I got a really nice four bedroom apartment." Jen proudly smiles.

"Four bedrooms?" She demands while turning away from the window to face Jen.

"Just in case we make a friend, wake her up will ya? I want to move everything in because it's New York and....yeah I don't trust New York." Jen states.

"And you're a tattoo artist." Katie mumbles while rubbing her eyes.

"It's got nothing to do with it," Jen argues.

LATER

Jessica sighs and looks around at all of her bags that littered the bedroom, that she would now call home, floor. She had made the bed, put her clothes away, and placed some of her knickknacks all around. The apartment had come fully furnished, so there was no need to sleep on the floor or hold off on unpacking. Jessica's bed sat between the two windows that were opposite of her door. 

A closet and bathroom were both on the right side of the bed while a desk rested across the room from them. A dresser with a TV on top of it was right across from the bed, adjacent to the door that led out into the hall. Jessica grabs the last duffel bag and lugs it onto her bed, it was the one with all of her pictures. She pulls out the first frame with a large smile. 

Both Jen and Jessica had gone to the beach with a few other friends while Jessica's mother was out of town with Tom

Both Jen and Jessica had gone to the beach with a few other friends while Jessica's mother was out of town with Tom. This was the last day of 'freedom' for Jen because she had finally gotten her tattoo parlor. Jessica smiles and hangs the picture up on the wall before selecting the next.