His hand shot out “My names Joel”

Grasping his hand in mine I nodded

“Eryn”

I tried to remove my hand but he tightened his grasp- if I was human it probably would have hurt.

His face leaned in close to mine; cocking my head to the side I gave him a silent what the hell look. When we were nose to nose he whispered

“You hunt?”

What kind of question was that? Now I am not a hunter but I’m sure you can’t just come out and ask people if they hunt. Is there not some unspoken rule or something?

I didn’t bother to whisper back to him

“Why do you think I’m looking for Nolan?”

I quickly removed my hand out of his; grabbing my drink I slammed the rest back. Standing up I looked back at Joel, he was standing in the same spot staring at me.

“Well it’s been real… it’s been fun… but it hasn’t been really fun Joel. Tell Nolan I’m looking for him”

Turning around I smiled…

3…

2…

1…

“Wait! Come sit back down… next drink is on the house; I’ll go make a phone call”

Smirking to myself I turned around and sat back down on the bar stool

“Fine… but after this drink I’m leaving. I have things to do”

You are a good actress Eryn”

Joel handed me a silver cup instead of the glass one I was using. I looked down at it and back up to him

He shrugged his shoulders and smirked “All the glass is dirty… you don’t mind… do you?”

I made sure to smile a sweet smile and laugh at him

“Rosie… What do I do?”

“Drink love…pick up the cup and drink it”

“It’s silver Rosie… it’s going to burn me!”

“If you can handle rejection you can handle a little burn. It’s a test Eryn”

Smiling up at Joel I went to grab the cup; but just before my fingers touched I stopped.

“Bigger cup means double shot right?”

He nodded

“Excellent” Before my nerve was lost I grabbed the cup; held it up and saluted him as a thanks. Bringing the cup to my mouth I tried not to rush it. My hand was on fire, it felt like I was touching a burning flame. As the cup hit my lips I wanted to cry out, but choked the sob back down.  I welcomed the burning sensation of the alcohol with open arms, please numb me please. I realized – too late- that I was focusing so much attention on the pain that I didn’t realize it was vodka. I hated vodka. Pulling the cup away I glared at Joel.

“Your job so hard you can’t get a simple order right?”

I ran my tongue across my lip; thankful it was pretty dark in the bar. My lip was almost healed.

His eyes narrowed at mine again before I pushed the cup to him across the bar. My hand was throbbing, I clenched my fist.

“I drink rum shithead. Now phone Nolan, I’m tired of wasting my time in this dive”

He glared at me but did as I asked. I snuck a peak at my hand- it was almost healed, throbbing like a dull head ache. A glass slamming down in front of me made me jump; Joel pushed tit towards me.

“Well… that’s got to be the fastest dishwasher there ever was”

He was about to reply when the door slammed open. Looking over my shoulder I stood up, I don’t know how I knew… but this was Nolan. His hair was blonde and wavy; he walked like he was important. His shoulders were broad; he carried himself well. His eyes roamed my body, I instantly felt self-conscious with my wardrobe choice. He wore washed out jeans with a tight wife beater- leaving nothing to the imagination. I could clearly see his very well defined stomach; I had the urge to touch it but quickly shook the thought away.

What is it with big burly men and muscles?

Looking up his blue eyes held me captive. They were the color of the sky on summer afternoon, he was beautiful… too bad he hates my kind… him and Kelsey would look great together.

“I love him”

“He murders our kind Rosie”

“I love him”

I smirked at him, and sat back down on my bar stool. This will be an interesting night.