Original Edition - Chapter 49: The Treehouse

Start from the beginning

I shifted to my skin as did the other girls as we got near the rocks. Evangeline looked at the tree then let out a long breath. "Let's do this."

I nodded and started to climb the rocks with the others when we heard them. The whispers.

"Come and see," they said.

"Come," another gently murmured.

"Charlotte come and see," it said so clearly that it sounded like it was next to my ear.

I shivered and looked over at Andrea whose mouth was hanging open in shock. She looked over at me and I could see her beast pacing nervously. "Holy shit."

I nodded and climbed onto the soft grass. Evangeline climbed up next to me followed by Andrea, who put her hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring squeeze.

"Evangeline, she needs to see," it called.

Evangeline stilled as I stepped forward. Andrea walked to her and wrapped her arms around her. I let out a shaky breath as I walked over to the crimson painted tree. The blood seemed to call to me. It was like a friend that I hadn't seen in a long time calling me to come see them.

"It's time to see," it whispered again as I got closer.

I raised my palm and let out another long breath. My wolf was nervous, but she knew we had to do this. She caressed my mind and reminded me that she was here for me, she would always be here for me. She nudged me, giving me the extra push I needed.

I touched it.

I touched it and again it felt like a hand wrapped around mine and pulled me forward. It was like it was pulling me through a tornado of water; spinning me round and round and round until I felt my feet hit a hard surface.

"Come on dad, is that all you got?!" blonde haired boy called out. His nose was bleeding and his torso was wet with sweat. He had various cuts and gashes on him, deep and angry; yet he just smiled.

Something growled out. A warning. "Still a pup."

I snapped my head to see Levi staring with dangerous eyes at the boy. He smiled at him wickedly then charged at him. The boy, well he was more like a young man, responded well but not well enough. He fought hard but soon Levi was throwing him across the circle and into the dirt. "Dirt looks good on you Lucas."

I stilled.

Lucas stood up again and smiled deviously at his father. It was then that I realized how much like him he looked like. He was practically the spitting image of Levi, and damn he was strong. I could feel his waves as if I was there, he felt almost identical to Levi.

"It's about to look real good on you too dad."

I was pulled again. I felt like it was yanking me hard. It felt frantic. Like there wasn't enough time to show me what it wanted.

"Margaret, I got your tea," Miranda called out.

My heart pained as Ethan's mother looked up with eyes just like Evangeline's. She smiled kindly and leaned back in an office chair. "Thank you, I am so tired of this damn paperwork."

Miranda handed her the tea with a polite smile and nodded. "You're telling me, it's all Thomas grumbles about."

I was pulled again. I felt like I was falling through the air without anything to catch me. My wolf cried out but soon we were standing on our feet again.

I looked around and knew exactly where I was. I was at the treehouse. I was at the treehouse and the deck looked older, it must have been before Ethan and Evan replaced it.