Chapter 4

Riley

"Please. Do it again" I begged Clyde.

With a sigh, he rolled his eyes but still complied. "Save a horse. Ride a cowboy" I burst into laughter for probably the millionth time. I decided to make the best out of Clyde's accent and have him tell me a bunch of Texas themed pickup lines. A smile crept onto his face as he watched me laugh. "Why is it so amusing to her?" he asked, turning to Emilio.

He shrugged in response as I caught my breath. Luckily, it wasn't funny enough to make me laugh to the point of forgetting how to breathe. "I'm heading home" Emilio announced. I nodded my head and gave him a quick hug. "Don't stay up too late, kids" he teased.

I mocked him as he disappeared out of sight. "One more month" Clyde uttered. I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows together. "According to Emilio's rules, I'm only a kid for one more month" he clarified. Of course I would be the youngest. Sighing, I brushed back my hair and yawned. "You look tuckered out, dollface"

I snickered at the nickname and his way of saying that I look tired, but didn't say anything about it. "Yeah. It was a long drive" I admitted. He nodded his head in understanding and told me that he didn't mind if I went up to my bedroom. Shrugging, I tilted my head back a bit to look at the night sky. Since there were teenagers in every single one of the game rooms and living rooms, the three of us decided to hang out on the back porch. I let out a small curse- which Clyde questioned me about. "Forgot to bring my bags inside" I groaned, too lazy to get them.

Clyde offered to help; and after a bit of persuasion, he managed to get me to my car. I grabbed my backpack and duffel while Clyde held the rolling suitcase. He said it would be too hard for me to carry the suitcase up the stairs. I went up to my room with him following after me. "No way" he chuckled as I opened the door to my temporary bedroom. "We're neighbors" he informed me, swinging his door open to reveal a plain-looking bedroom. "Don't leave a bunch of girly crap on the counter" he demanded.

I was confused before I went into the bathroom. It was a Jack and Jill bathroom- meaning it connected our bedrooms. Just peachy. "I have two rules" I declared. He rolled his eyes, but told me to continue. "Put the seat down after you pee. And spray if you took a number two"

Clyde shrugged a shoulder and agreed. "I have two rules too then" he claimed. I nodded for him to continue. "Don't spray your perfume in there. And keep the counter clean" Easy. I don't wear perfume and I never put my stuff on the bathroom counter- unless it's handsoap. "Actually, make that three rules. I have a toothbrush holder and my toothbrush is always on the right side" I nodded my head in understanding and thanked him for helping me with the suitcase.

"I'll be next door if you need anything" he went through the bathroom to get to his room. Rolling my eyes, I closed the bathroom door as well as my bedroom door. Unpacking could wait, so I changed into a camisole and of course slept without pants on.

***

"Clyde! That's disgusting!" I shouted from the bathroom. He opened his door and looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. "How do you not have handsoap in here?! Do you not wash your hands with soap! That's nasty!" I exclaimed.

He shrugged before running his hand through his already messy hair. I cringed, knowing that his hand was probably as unsanitary as a portapotty. "Do you want me to go buy soap?" he wondered. I instantly nodded my head. "Fine. Go put on shoes"

"What? Why?"

Clyde rolled his eyes at me. "We have to find one that we both like. So you have to go with me" he stated. Holding in a groan, I entered my room and slipped on a pair of tennis shoes before going into Clyde's room. I shrieked as I realized he was pantless. "You never seen a guy in boxers?" he asked rhetorically. I blushed and kept my eyes squeezed shut. "Oh, God. What's with girls and their virginity?" he muttered.