Chapter 3

Riley

The Alpha and Luna were standing outside of the packhouse as I drove up. "Alpha Gary Wright. This is my mate, Luna Nikki Wright" the man introduced the pair of them.

I smiled and politely shook their hands. "I'm Princess Riley Reed. It's nice to meet you in person" I mused. Yes, I use David's last name and the title. He told me that it would make the wolves feel less challenged. I mean, I do have the power to fry their brains. The title and surname are basically a way to persuade them to trust me.

"We have a room set up for you. But we've been informed that Emilio Hendryx offered you a room?" the Luna said slowly. I nodded my head and told her that he was my uncle's cousin. I met Emilio once- literally one time. And I was ten or eleven. He came to watch Marco's Alpha ceremony. I remember that he was kind; he gave me a second piece of cake when Bay said no.

Partners in crime. I'm pretty sure he's in his early thirties or late twenties. Most likely the latter since he's younger than Marco. "I'll be staying at the packhouse for the time being. I want to get to know the people here, watch how you two interact with your pack" I explained.

They both nodded their heads, the smiles on their faces never faltered. "Come on in. We can eat brunch and give you a little tour" Gary urged. I followed them into the house. The front room was obviously a game room with a pool table, a hockey table, and a large flat screen mounted onto the wall. We passed the people and went deeper into the house. Of course, we passed the staircase on the way to the kitchen. "I can make pancakes or we can have benedicts. We have ingredients for sandwiches. Nikki makes an amazing BLT" he informed me.

They cook. No cooks were in the kitchen, so everyone makes their own food or people pitch in to cook a meal. That's one thing that I didn't like about the castle. There were people who cooked for us. We didn't use them all the time, but it still didn't seem right.

Rule #1: Cook

I opted for the BLT. Who would turn down some bacon? "You're not allergic to anything right?" Nikki wondered.

"Not any foods. But I'm allergic to pollen and some plants. I take some meds so it stays under control; however, I still try not to be in close contact with flowers and such" I explained. Yeah, I lived in the middle of the forest- which I was allergic to. But the allergy medication really helped. It was as if I wasn't even allergic to anything. When I didn't take my meds, I would be scratching until my skin was raw and sneezing my head off. They're daily pills, so I only have to worry about it in the morning.

Gary was slowly nodding his head as his mate began to cook. "This isn't a threat, Princess. I'm just curious. Do witches heal like humans?" Gary inquired. I nodded my head. Witches are basically humans with powers.

As we fell into silence, I pulled my phone out of my pocket. "Excuse me. I have to call my siblings" They gave me a nod before I slipped out of the backdoor. There was no one on the porch, so I leaned against the railing and dialed Lila's number. "Hey, Li" I greeted her softly.

Her tone was much more chipper. "How's the packhouse? You meet new people yet?" she questioned. I let out a small laugh before telling her that I just arrived. "Oh. Well, the kids wanna talk to you" Lila said, faking a dramatic sigh.

The phone was being passed off as Dale spoke. "Mom! We're not kids!" Dale huffed. Lila mocked him with her voice drifting away as she walked off. "How was your drive?" he asked casually.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "Tiring. Remind me to eat before a long drive" I stated. He laughed at me, but agreed. "Where's Leigh?" I inquired.

"Right here!" she responded quickly. "I'm eating waffles" Leigh chirped. Of course it's waffles. Leigh had inherited her grandmother's love for waffles. Eve, Leigh, Bay, Adrian, and William only eat waffles. They all refuse to eat pancakes. Apparently, waffles are fluffier and a zillion times better. I have no preference; I eat both. But they are very serious about their waffles.