Chapter 1- The Wedding Confession

DISCLAIMER/ A/N PLEASE READ FIRST

I do not own any of the characters save for my own. All rights go to Freeform and Cassandra Clare. This story will contain spoilers but only in the first chapter. Aside from using the characters, the plot and other unknown characters belong to me. This story does not have anything to do with the books or with the TV show. This is an Alec Lightwood fanfic and while he is gay in the books and is unknown in the TV show, for this story he will be Bisexual. I hope you all enjoy and please feel free to comment what you guys think! Also, this was previously posted on Quotev but since I "left" the site I will be posting and continuing the series on here , this version is more "polished"!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mom, do you promise there are no more secrets?" Clary Fray persisted as she stood behind her mother, helping zip the rest of the white gown.

Jocelyn Fray quickly glanced at her daughter through the full length mirror. She could physically see the way her daughter had grown in the passing year. Much had happened since her eighteenth birthday, from her finding out that she was a shadowhunter, to fighting in a war, to saving her and her friends.

The year ended with Clary destroying the threat to shadowhunters and just the world in general. Clary Fray, now nineteen was finally undergoing the proper training of a shadowhunter. She had been through much, killing her own brother to save her friends, learning that she held more angelic blood that made her stronger and more valuable.

However there was one secret that not even Luke, the man Jocelyn was about to marry, knew about. In fact, the only ones who knew was herself and the annoying warlock who seemed hell bent on making her life a living hell. Then again, he did have a point, if Clary could survive fighting and killing her own father and brother, then she could handle the final piece to her past.

"Clary, I love you, everything I've done was because I loved you. But, there is something I need to tell you. Something that not even Luke knows." Jocelyn turned and smoothed her daughter's hair and offered a teary-eyed smile. She should have told Clary the moment she woke up from her coma, but the timing was all wrong and even though she was about to walk down the aisle, now was as perfect a time she would get.

"Why are there always secrets with us?" Clary joked.

She tried to ready herself for whatever it was her mother was about to tell her. While she understood her mothers reasoning, it didn't make it easier. She was just beginning to trust her again, and now there was another secret, another reason. If Clary were to be honest, she doubted there was anything left that her mother could share with her and her be surprised.

The door to the room opened and in sauntered an annoyed Isabelle. Her light pink dress hugged her body perfectly and reached her knees, a length she was finding annoying. Her ebony black curls cascaded down her shoulders. Her lips formed into a pout as she stomped her way towards her best friend and her mother. She had grown impatient in waiting and wanted to get out of the god-awful colored dress as soon as possible.

However, before she spoke she saw the worried look on Jocelyn's face and the annoyed look on Clary's. She paused, taking in the tense atmosphere before clearing her throat, spinning on her high heels and sauntered back out of the room, the door banged shut. Her loud voice echoed, shouting that it would be a few more minutes.

"When I ran away from your father," Jocelyn began, planning on telling the full story as quickly as she could. However she was stopped by Clary stepping back and crossing her arms. Her lips were set in a thin line and Jocelyn knew she wanted her to say it.

"You have a twin." The words were like a ton of bricks falling on Clary.

She felt like she had been knocked backwards and she gasped, trying to get air into her lungs. She felt herself falling and heard her mother calling for Jace. She felt his familiar warm and strong arms wrapping around her waist and heard his soothing voice whispering for her to take slow and steady breaths. She didn't feel like she was breathing right but tried to focus on his words.

A twin.

She had a twin somewhere out there, all this time she thought she was once again an only child, having been forced to kill her brother who was evil. Now, somewhere out there was a girl who looked just like her. What if she had been just like Clary, in the dark about this world, about her. Questions flooded her mind and before she knew it, she was standing in front of her worried mother, determination filling her.

"What is her name and where is she." Clary demanded, she had lost one sibling to the darkness, had already had to kill her family, she would be damned if she had to lose this sibling; especially since it was her twin.

Jocelyn took in a deep breath as she looked at the determination in her daughter's eyes. She knew Clary would stop at nothing to find her twin and keep her from the darkness. But she wasn't sure if she should, after all she worried that Clary believed she had to save her, and as far as Jocelyn was concerned, her youngest daughter didn't need to be saved, that at least one thing had went right when she had set out to defy Valentine.

"Her name is Clarissa Emerson Gray and the last I heard; she was getting ready to attend Brooklyn Academy of Art." Jocelyn spoke, watching the pure shock form on her daughters face.

She felt guilty, knowing that her youngest child was so close and had things gone right, they would have attended the same college. Of course, the woman who had raised Emerson had assured her she would change her mind and keep her from going there.

"She's been in the same city this entire time!" Clary shouted just as there was a knock and a voice telling them that it was time. Clary shook her head, forcing herself to stay calm and focus on the task at hand.

"You have a wedding to attend." Clary spoke in a forced calm voice as she latched onto a shocked Jace and dragged him from the room.

Seconds after the door shut a red portal appeared and Magnus stepped out. He was dressed in a dark purple suit top with black suit pants. His black hair was styled perfectly and his cat like golden eyes shone with what Jocelyn could only believe to be joy.

"Guess who's celebrating her nineteenth birthday today!" Magnus sang as he looped his arm through Jocelyn's awaiting one.

"I told Clary." Was all she said as the doors open and they began to walk down the aisle.

"She's going to look for her, is that what you want? She has a life, a normal life, that's what you wanted." Magnus whispered as they took slow steps, smiling at everyone as they did so.

"She has a right to know, after what happened with Jonathan," Jocelyn whispered, offering a smile to the crowd.

"Emerson is special, do you really want to risk them being reunited." Magnus hissed.

"The Circle is dead, everything will be fine." Jocelyn hissed just as they reached the alter.

'Everything has to be fine.' Jocelyn prayed as she spoke her vows.