all seemed silent. a blur of colour disappearing into a state of nothing, but everything, at the same time.

roma maybe would have heard the gasps and confused sideways nods of heads, as people were shocked, mumbling questioning statements to one another. roma would have taken notice of the thronging crowds grouping as one, voices raising, their movements blundered as the dark hindered their vision.

she would have cared, if baekhyun hadn't flashed her that well-known smile, the one that lit his features up, even in the dead of night. she would have turned to panic, too, to stare up at the tall height of the tower in bewilderment, if baekhyun hadn't kissed her in a desperate and rushed manner, his hands travelling down to her backside, pressing tightly.

"very impressive," she commented bravely, sarcastically, trying to match his movements.

her hands wrapped into his hair. one hand skimming the curve of his chin, fingers burning.

"thanks," he laughed breathily.

roma leant her head into the crook of his neck.

"turn them back on."

a whisper of a voice. a slight command, because roma wasn't thinking: she just wanted to feel.

she could sense him smirking. arrogance over his power. the electricity, again, cascading. the sparks, bright spots dotting the dark. the heat emanating from him.

he did. 

one by one, segment by segment, lit up. gold returned, a bright and resounding sight, as quickly as the light had vanished. roma looked up in awe, and noticed the look of pure and utter confusion as people conversed, questioning, shaking their heads in disbelief.

the stars twinkled, reassuring roma that everything was okay. everything was going to be okay.

light returned. graced the beautiful streets and livened the area up once again. bustle of nightlife repeated itself; starting.

roma let out a deep breath that she hadn't realised she'd been holding in.

and then she smiled, so widely, infectiously, that baekhyun reciprocated the gesture, spinning wildly around in a circle. grabbing hold of her hands in hers.

"that was so cool," she giggled, like a school girl, fluttering her hair behind her.

she was definitely out of it.

he grinned in return, throwing his head back and laughing harder than she'd ever heard him.

baekhyun looked even more stunning in the dim light, a colour that was dusted with bursts of red and orange and dark pink, now reflecting from the rushing cars and small street lamps. his hair was a mess, the wind having rustled through it, his shirt stuck to his chest as a result of the sweltering remnants of the everlasting day.

his shining eyes bore into hers, like they'd done many times before. their glassy effect made him look unbreakable, like he wasn't human, his skin glowing and his body movements fluid. she gulped, as she noticed the sheen of sweat along his forehead and collar bones. his tanned skin looked untouchable, even in the darkness.

"let's get out of here," baekhyun suggested.

who was she to say no, to that beautiful face?